Sunday, January 6, 2008

WARNING





WARNING! THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT! WARNING!
So finally a date night...just me and the hubby, dinner and a movie, who could ask for more? I was of charge picking the show. A quick glance through the movie titles and I pause on I AM LEGEND. Great picture, Will Smith, and a cut off description stating, "Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was"... I click for more info - I get nothing. So I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of the movie Outbreak -the world is infected with a deadly virus and Will Smith is going to save the day. Sounds great.
Well, I don't want to give all of it away but let's just say 20 minutes into the movie and my head is buried under my coat...it stayed there MOST of the movie. (Did I mention I HATE scary movies?)
Let's just say....freakish crazy people jumping out at me at any time is NOT what I had in mind for a date night. Now, it is my duty as a responsible friend to warn you in advance. If you are into crazy suspenseful scary shows - this one is for you. If not, I hear, P.S. I love you is still playing. Your welcome.

5 comments:

JLJ said...

We saw Juno last weekend. I loved it. I'm pretty inhibited when it comes to talking about certain things, so I felt a bit uncomfortable at times. But this movie makes you feel smart, fulfilled and wiser. Try that on your next date.

Post-it Notes said...

Thanks for the heads up... I hate scary movies too! -Krista

Cathy said...

I think I might like it...I like some scary movies if they meet a certain criteria....no children, so satanic stuff and no mass murderer.. .that kind of limits my choices. Does this movie have any of those things?
Dad and I saw 2 movies last weekend. . .Dan in Real Life and National Treasurer. We enjoyed them both.
Love Mom

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittney said...

crisis averted, thanks to you. consider your warning a welcome and necessary blessing. i'm the WORST scary-movie watcher (or non-watcher, as the case may be) ever. thanks. :)