Thursday, January 31, 2008

Caymbree


Well, today the doctor's gasp confirmed what I have been suspecting for the last few weeks. I HAVE been starving Caymbree. At 7 MONTHS she weighs in at a whopping 12 pds 6 oz.
I took her in for her well child check up today hoping to get some answers as to why she is so fussy and I guess I got them. FIRST, it helps to feed your child. SECOND, a raging double ear infection causes fussiness in any child. My doctor was really sweet and gave me a lot of other possible causes but said, "Let's try to take care of these things first and then we can look at the other options." I felt like a big ole dork BUT in my defense Caymbree does not have ANY of the normal ear infection symptems. No fevers, she sleeps great, and she has been eating fine (from the bottle anyway). I have taken her in twice in the last two months THINKING she had an infection and both times her ears looked fine. You would think by child #3 I would start to figure all this out wouldn't you?

8 comments:

Post-it Notes said...

She is so darling! I cant believe how tiny she is and double ear infections. How terrible!!

Brooke said...

Don't worry! We had the same thing happen with Jake. Who knows how many ear infections he had before we realized what was going on! And he's also a skinny little bum too. ( I swear now that fat babies are happier. Remember how happy Bennett and Owen were? Little chubbies. And now Jake: cranky pants. ) But really, look at little Caymbree. She is beautiful and perfect! Everything will be fine! I do wish they gave every new mom the little instrument to look in their babies' ears and see what's going on in there. It would save lots of trips to the doctor.

Anyway, break out the cookies and cream for that kid! I bet if she stayed with me for awhile she'd beef right up. :)

JLJ said...

12 pounds ?!? Poor girl. I had a friend that mixed melted butter into every bottle.

My #2 was the same way with ear infections, he was so good natured, unless he had a raging fever I never had any signs. Every well visit the Dr found an ear infection.

Unknown said...

Wow, 12 pounds??? Heck I have had burritos for lunch that weighed 12 pounds... hee hee. I agree with Brook, someone should write a book about ear infections!
Love you Caymbree!
Grandma Susu

Tara Williams said...

Well, dont feel too bad. I starved Isabelle her first month, but I think we finally got things straightened out. I've always been curious as to why the MOST IMPORTANT job on the face of the earth, is also the most UNPREDICTABLE with NO INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!! What's up with that???

Josie said...

Wow- she's just so small! I'm so glad you got all that figured out and let's cross our fingers that you start noticing a difference with her and she starts feeling better! What a sweetie. We had so much fun tonight! Our turn to plan it next time?

Tristen said...

Don't feel bad Jami, we have a doctor living in the house and it took us a week to figure out that Cade had strep throat a couple months ago!! You can never tell with the kids. A few weeks ago I took Pyper in because she was sick and all three kids turned up with ear infections. Lovely.

BigEd said...

I found out after 3 months that I was starving Jackson. Thank heaven for formula. I don't think he ever knew what it was like to be full until then. To bad they can't all come with a Check Engine light.