Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Hallee




Happy Birthday Hallee! Hallee turned the big 6 on December 29th right in the middle of all the crazy holiday activities. I took the easy way out and just invited a few of her friends to the Classic Skating Bounce Gym. A little pizza and drinks, cupcakes and there you have it. On Saturday we celebrated her birthday with her cousins in Logan.
Hallee is at such a fun stage - she is full of energy and life and is getting a taste of the "real world" through her experiences at school. She is so sweet and cares for everyone around her. It is not uncommon for her to shed a few tears watching a movie or while reading a book. She is a wonderful big sister and my greatest helper. I don't know what I would do without her. Hallee, you are the best and we love you very much!

Editors Note: I feel bad about her birthday being right after Christmas and try really hard for her not to get the shaft because of it but it is REALLY hard. She is overwhelmed with toys, friends parents are overwhelmed with the financial debt they have just incurred, and I think most people are partied out. So what do you do? (This is not a rhetorical question.) Anybody out there do 1/2 birthdays? I am open to any and all suggestions.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Hallee is lucky to have such a great mommy....and a birthday outing with her close friends will always be a fond memory for her.

Post-it Notes said...

Wow! You are a blogging queen. First... Happy B-day Hallee! Looks like she had a fun party. I think it might be fun to celebrate a half b-day. You could try it one year and see how it works out.
Second- The dance concert... too cute. I love watching little kids dance. Its priceless.
Third- I love your New Years Resolutions. I havent had time to even think about what mine are going to be. I like yours so much, I think I will just adopt them. :)
Glad you guys had a great Christmas!! -Krista

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday, Hallee!!!!!! I can't believe you are six years old! That means Bennett's almost 6 too! Holy cow! Slow down, kids! You are making me feel so old! Your party looks like it was so much fun! What cute girls!

And seriously, Jami, you don't need to worry that you aren't doing a good job making Hallee's birthday special. You are the queen of making every occasion a stand-out! It would be a bonus to have a half-birthday celebration too, but you'd still feel like you should do something on her real birthday too, so maybe you'd just end up doing TWO birthday parties for her a year! Hey, if I were Hallee I'd vote for that!

Renzello said...

I can't believe she is already 6!! Looks like a fun party!

Anonymous said...

My sweet little neice!!! She seems like such an angel. I can't wait to hug and squish on her and her sissies this summer!!

Evecall said...

I have the same problem with Ethan on Dec.31st. I did his party on Jan.5th. I could have waited a few more weeks though because it is still hard to throw together a party when you are stikl taking Christmas down. I thought about half birthday since none of my kids get summer birthdays, I guess it will be up to Ethan what he wants.

394bull said...

She is so sweet!