Monday, March 3, 2008

2 Weeks in Review

So, some of you have noticed a temporary slow-down in my posting lately but rest assured it was with good reason. Troy left for a 13 day business trip to Virginia leaving me with three kids and four nasty colds to contend with. I have to admit I was a little nervous but things actually went really well. Between swimming lessons three days a week, help from my parents on the weekend, a four day trip to Logan/Bear Lake and lots of fun activities, the time went rather quickly. Here is a little recap of some of the highlights....

1) I managed to find the time to make this flower arrangement for my bedroom. I am quite pleased how it turned out!

2) One day was spent with a couple of my friends from high school. Amazingly, the kids played downstairs allowing us to sit and visit almost undisturbed.

Ethan was quite a trooper and didn't even notice that he was the only boy.
3) Lots of cousin time. The kids LOVED their ice cream from Cold Stone and well, so did I.
4) Hope and Adi spent most of the time in Grandma's dress up box.
I'm rather impressed that Troy came home to a house that was still standing, three kids that were all still alive and breathing and a wife who never had to be committed. However, I am SO grateful he is home. We missed him something fierce!

8 comments:

Adree said...

I need that picture of Adi and Hope. That is priceless.

Post-it Notes said...

Glad you survived Troys business trip. Looks like you stayed busy.I am loving that flower arrangement!!

Brittney said...

13 days?!?!! you win. looks like a fun time, though...but there's nothing like a husband/father at home. :)

Brooke said...

Welcome back to blogland! I'm so glad you survived without Troy. Yikes!!!!

Tara said...

Jami love the flowers they are gorgous I want one!

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures! I'm sure having your husband gone for that long makes you appreciate not being a single mom, because I know that at the end of the day I do!!!

JLJ said...

I love that picture of your kids, Mindy's kids and Eveylyn's kids. I haven't seen pictures of Mindy's kids for a long time, I can't believe how grown up they all are! And the the picture of your nieces and nephews, I could totally tell which one was Cory's son.... it looks just like him.

13 days is a long time with no spouse. I'm glad you survived!

Unknown said...

I love the flower arrangement! I am glad your hubby is home safe and sound.Now nail his shoes to the floor so he can't leave again!