Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A trip to Neola

I know what your asking. Where in the world is NEOLA? About a year ago my sister moved to a little place called Neola. It's about 40 minutes away from Vernal, 15 minutes from Roosevelt, at the base of the Uintah mountains and pretty safe to say...in the middle of nowhere.

We all cried (me, my mom and Adree) when the news hit of her moving back to Jonny's home town but I'm happy to report that she LOVES it there. It cracks me up to go visit and see her transformation into a true blue country girl. Instead of shopping and going out to eat she is branding cattle, starting controlled brush fires, fishing for fun, and taking care of her 10 acres of land. Those of you who know Adree will realize just how crazy this is. This is the girl who always wanted to live in a big city, work in a glamorous salon, and could shop with the best of them.

This last weekend most of my family invaded Neola for a little weekend getaway. (Troy, Rob and Rachel all had to work). Adree was the "hostess with the mostess" and fed us lots of yummy food and treats. We were entertained with all the animals around including cows, horses, dogs, and a family of foxes. The kids were in heaven and I'm pretty sure Jonny and Adree will get the award for the "favorite aunt and uncle" to visit. Sorry everybody, but it's pretty hard to compete with that.

This is the view from her front door step. She has to go down a 1/2 mile dirt road to get to her mailbox or to take the garbage out to the road.

This is the view from the back deck. She has amazing views and it definitely is peaceful. That is, until I realize how far I am away from the closest mall or Target and then I feel like I might hyperventilate :).

Thanks for a fun time Binghams!

4 comments:

Tara Williams said...

Wow! It's beautiful!!

Kelli said...

You would love a small town in the country :) It is true that sometimes the shopping would be a little more convenient if it were closer. But I guess you just learn to adjust! Plus the internet sure comes in handy! It's one of those things you either love or hate!

JLJ said...

I honestly could give up Target, Banana Republic, and movie theaters to have a place like that. Seriously, it is beautiful and looks like a bit of heaven to me. I can see the drawbacks to living somewhere so remote, but I'd rather be shot by a hunter than in a drive-by.

Jenn said...

I have a sister that lives away too..and even though we are always sad that she's not around it's always the best when we get to visit her, or she comes back home. It really makes you realize how much you love em! Fun to see all the pic's.