Sunday, May 4, 2008

My favorite places

My blog is my journal. It's a daily account of activities. It's a record of my thoughts. It's somewhere that I can record those little insignificant things that may not seem so insignificant in years to come. With the passing of my grandfather I have realized just how valuable this documentation is. My friend found a great blog called TUESDAY TELL ALL that provides thought provoking prompts and she always does a great job of recording them on her blog. They are my favorite posts to read because they are so telling of who she is and what her life is like right now. So trying to follow in her footsteps I've decided to do the same.


MY FAVORITE PLACE TO...


GRAB LUNCH: Right now it's Carls Jr. Big open playland for the kids, teryiaki burger for me and fry sauce for everyone. However, Chick-Fil-A is opening soon just down the street (with a playland :)) so things might change soon.


GO FOR A DATE NIGHT: I love going out to eat with the hubby. Just me and him, no whining about what's on the plate (well, most of the time), I actually get to eat an entire meal without getting up and down a hundred times, we can have an entire conversation uninterrupted. It's Bliss! Olive Garden is still top on our list.


PICK UP CREATIVE GOODIES: It might be a tie between Robert's and Hobby Lobby. Love 'em both.


KEEP THE KIDS BUSY: I love the splash park by my house in the summer. It's basically a playground with lots of sprinklers. No drowning hazards, it's FREE and I can still get some sun.


GET WET: We love the ocean. It's not often we get to go there so when we do it's a rare treat. We also love Bear Lake and Troy's cabin provides the perfect getaway.


BUY A TREAT: Carl's Jr. shakes. YUM!


SHOP FOR FUN: Target. Random I know but I love to browse the store.


SPLURGE: The mall, ANY mall.


GET SOME FRESH AIR: My cabin up Logan Canyon.


DRIVE FOR A WEEKEND AWAY: Still love to go home to Logan. Always will.

4 comments:

Post-it Notes said...

Love that post. What a great idea. I may have to steal your idea!

smithfamilymoments said...

Jami I had to laugh when I found out your favorite place to eat lunch was Carl's Jr. I have never tried it, but think I might have to give it a shot knowing that it is a favorite of yours. Cute idea with the posts.

Cathy said...

I love your blog too. Thanks for sharing.
Mom

JLJ said...

There are 101 reasons to love Chic-Fil-A more than Carls Jr.