Sunday, September 28, 2008

Who said you should never yell at your kids???

I know. Yelling at your kids usually isn't a good thing but this weekend it actually paid off. I woke up Tuesday morning to the dj's on my alarm asking kids to call in and let them hear what and how their mom's yell at them. The prize....four tickets to the BARNUM AND BAILEY CIRCUS. Hallee had been asking to go but I kept telling her we spent all our money in Disneyland so I figured this was her chance.

We started dialing in and as luck would have it we got through! In her best mom impersonation Hallee yelled, "HALLEE! GET OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW!!!" (Which is funny because usually it's "TURN OFF THE DISNEY CHANNEL AND LISTEN TO ME!!!!) Anyway...she won!


We had a blast! We got there just in time for the pre-show and the girls got to take pictures with the clowns, try on circus costumes, and see things up close. During the show Hope kept herself entertained with her Icee, Hallee loved her cotton candy and Caymbree stuffed herself with popcorn...literally. Good times!!!

8 comments:

Joni said...

Well, I guess you really do discipline out of love. How fun for the girls.

Cathy said...

I'm jealous. I wish Grandpa and I could have gone with you....it sounds like a lot of fun.
Mom

smithfamilymoments said...

Woohoo! Way to go Hallee!! I love the barnum and bailey circus! As a kid I used to go every year for my birthday. It is the best. I tried to talk Steve into it, but it didn't work out. How FUN!

Kelli said...

How exciting that she won! Way to yell Jami! I'm trying to imagine what my kids would have come up with if they did a mom impersonation. I don't think I want to know. Mine might have not been such a "nice yell" like yours was! Looks like a lot of fun. We haven't been to the circus since we lived in Logan. I bet your girls loved it.

Unknown said...

What a crack-up! Way to go Hallee. A star is born...hee hee

Tara said...

Oh my goodness such cute pictures, I am so glad you got to go.

JLJ said...

I've always wanted to take my kids to the circus - oh wait, I don't need to. Our lives are a circus, complete with wild animals, clowns and poop.

Tristen said...

That's hilarious! Way to go Hallee! The circus is so fun for the kids.