Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Story of US



In honor of our 11th Wedding Anniversary I thought I would take a stroll down memory lane to were it all began... And now, THE STORY OF US.

Fourteen years ago I met an incredibly good looking guy at the gas station in Bear Lake. I was there with my girlfriends, he, with his friends. We fell madly in love and the rest is history. Well, not really. There were a few complications. Neither one of us divulged the fact that we both had significant others at the time. Mine, not such a big of a deal - we were on the verge of breaking up anyway. He, however, had a girlfriend of two years who was all set to wait for him on his mission that he was to leave on in a few months (another slight complication). We hung out all day, I called my mom and told her I found the guy I was going to marry, and then we went our separate ways.

Over the next few months we ran into each other a few times (Fate, I tell ya. He lived in Ogden, I, in Logan.) Finally, twelve days before he left on his mission he called his girlfriend of two years, broke it off, and then called me. And now we can say the rest is history. I think we spent almost every moment of those twelve days together. He left on his mission. I enjoyed my Senior year of high school and went away to college and a year after he returned home we were married for time and all eternity in the Logan Temple. And we lived happily ever after.

16 comments:

smithfamilymoments said...

That pict. is so cute of the two of you. Your mom showed me all of your family pictures when we were up at elk camp. They turned out so so cute. Needless to say your mom is taking our family pictures on Wednesday. Happy Anniversary!!

Larsen's! said...

so...cute cute blog entries...can you walk me thru a new blog design? These sites scare me and I'm not sure I can handle doing it on my own. Let me know when you have a free few minutes and I'll get on and have you walk me thru.

Evecall said...

So cute! I love the pic! Who knew you could meet your future hubby at a Sweetwater Dance. I guess I wont let Lauren go to one of those yet...

Adree said...

I love the picture. It needs to be blown up in your house. See ya shortly!

angela said...

thanks for letting me view your blog...it is so great to see you (well at least pictures) that was a great story about you and your husband.
your blog is SO cute, how do you make those cute picture postcards?? they are way cute.
your family is darling!

Post-it Notes said...

What a sweet story!! I love the pic of you two... very cute! Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

It's fun to think back to those fun times!!:) Happy Anniversary! I love the picture!

Brooke said...

This is the most beautiful couple photo I've seen! I think it's not only because the photo is just cool, but it's also because I know you and how cute you and Troy are with each other, and that you have been happily married for 11 years! Congrats!

Lindsay said...

HEY I WAS THERE... the night you meant your future husband... uhm, seriously Jam - I remember it like it was yesterday - didn't you go to some cabin with him too (the night you meant - did we all go---) Ok, maybe I don't remember exactly everything!! But I totally know I was there - I can't believe you have been married for 11 years!! Congrats!! So happy for you - and you have beautiful girls!! I love facebook for bringing old dear friends back into my life!! Keep in touch!!

Unknown said...

I love your picture!!!!

All the Bear Lake escapades and subsequent events were happening right under my nose and I was clueless in Ogden. I have always said Troy was brilliant and that is evident. He chose a perfect soul mate for all time and eternity!

Happy Anniversary,
Mom

Tara Williams said...

Congratulations!! I am so glad you found each other!

Kelli said...

Happy anniversary! Just like everyone else, I LOVE that picture!

BigEd said...

I think it is so nice to look back on the beginnings of a relationship with such happiness, particularly if you are married to that person! Congratulations and glad you have continued to be so happy.

Tara said...

Ok first of all, your blog is so cute! When did you change it? Teh picture of you and Troy is to die for, love it!! Happy Anniversary last week!!

JLJ said...

Happy Anniversary.... I'm a little late - sorry. It is pretty amazing that you end up marrying, and being perfectly suited to, someone you met at a GAS STATION!

Tristen said...

That is a great picture of you and Troy. I love it. Happy Anniversary!