Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tubes

After NINE ear infections in less than a year, I guess tubes in the ears were inevitable. Yesterday Caymbree headed up to Primary Children's Hospital for the procedure.


During the initial check-up Caymbree was terrified. Her little heart was beating like crazy and she screamed if anyone tried to get close to her. Then they moved us into a waiting room with a number of other kids while we waited for the doctor to come get us. One by one she saw doctors in funny, colorful hats come out and sit next to the child and talk. She seemed fascinated by it all. She would walk over to the discussion, listen intently and then walk back over to me. By the time our doctor came out I think she has seen it happen so many times that it didn't even seem to phase her. In fact when it came time for the "hand-off" I handed the doctor her favorite blankie and he asked her if she wanted to go with him and she willingly went into his arms. Not even a peep.


She was kind of a monster coming out of the anesthesia but ever since she has been back to normal. In fact, she has been better than normal. Perhaps her ears may have been contributing to her "high maintenance" personality. (Don't tell Troy...he'll want to have my ears checked too :) )

7 comments:

Kelli said...

What a sweet little girl. That's so nice she went right to the doctor. So much easier on mom and dad! Hope it helps her feel better. And if that's the cure for high maintenance...maybe I have some children who need their ears checked!!

Unknown said...

What a precious story...although I must admit, the picture of the Doctor walking away with Caymbree in his arms about broke my heart. I am so happy it all went well.

Heather said...

That is great that she did so well and even greater you got a picture!! I would have been crying too much to get a picture!:)

Post-it Notes said...

hehe, I had tubes in my ears twice when I was younger and I still have a "high maintenance" personality. I dont think Troy checking your ears would do one ounce of good :)

Im glad she came through with flying colors. What a little cutie!

Tara said...

Oh that picture of the doctor walking away with Caymbree was heart wrenching how did you do that? I am glad it all went well.

Tara Williams said...

Poor baby! But I'm so glad it all worked out. I miss you guys so much and can't wait to hug on all my neices a.s.a.p.

JLJ said...

9 in a year! That is bad. The tubes will be so good for her. And you.