Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Good-bye Summer


What better way to say so long to the summer than a getaway to Midway. The weather was absolutely perfect park weather. The kids loved wading in the pond, feeding ducks, and playing on the playground.









Caymbree kept herself entertained with my drink...yes, it was almost as big as her.











Hallee reminded Troy and I how to play "bubble gum, bubble gum, in a dish..."

We also spent one afternoon at the freestyle Winter Olympic run and museum. The skiers put on an amazing show complete with acrobatics, music and splash landings into the pool.




The highlight of the trip would be my mom waking Kristie and I up first thing in the morning on Saturday to go back to Swiss days, stand in line and be the first ones to get the "HOT" item of the year. And you'll never guess what it was.... Wrapping paper. Yep. We (I should say, she) stood in line 1/2 hour before the doors even opened to get wrapping paper. And you can see she is not the only crazy out there. On Friday you stood in line for up to 45 minutes just to get into the booth to look around.

And summer just would not be complete without one last parade. Hope loaded up on the gum and was one happy camper.


Hope and Hallee sharing a Popsicle at the parade. Too cute.
And Hallee spent most of the weekend glued to the hip of her cousin Jayden. They were fun to watch together.


And as the weekend came to an end, the clouds came in, the temperatures dropped 20 degrees and the rain came down. And you know what? I didn't even mind. It felt like the perfect way to say goodbye to a perfect summer.

11 comments:

Adree said...

Looks like fun Sorry I had to miss out :(

Heather said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love the pictures of the girls at the top of your blog!! Your girls always look beautiful!!

JLJ said...

whoo hoo! Wrapping paper! That is pretty funny. 20 degrees cooler sounds great.

Joni said...

I can think of a few other crazies' out there (scary enough, they're in the family). Looks like fun. I thought about going up to the Swiss Days. I should have. Next year, I guess.

Tara said...

You changed your header it is so cute!! You guys got to do some fun stuff, I did not know that you did all that. Looks like you had a blast.

Unknown said...

Wow, the new blog header looks great!!!! sometimes ya just have to stand in long lines for deals...sometimes the deal isn't so great. Oh well, next time it may be a new car. :)

smithfamilymoments said...

Hi Jami- It sounds like you guys had a great time. I have always wanted to go to swiss days, but have never braved it yet. Maybe next year. Your kids look adorable on your header. You always do such cute stuff!!

Brittney said...

hey, don't knock the wrapping paper. i think it's totally worth it. :)

JLJ said...

PS I tagged you

Tara Williams said...

I totally forgot about "bubble-gum, bubble-gum in a dish"! Isn't it fun to see the things our kids pick up in school? I love all the fun little songs that Brooklynn comes home and performs for me, especially the ones that I remember from my youth...way back when. :) PS-Give my big Bro a SLUG in the arm for his birthday for me. Thanks!

BigEd said...

I particularly like the "cup" that Caymbree is holding. Looks like a nice little getaway.