Monday, April 21, 2008

Semi-Annual Girls Weekend

HIGHLIGHTS OF A WONDERFUL WEEKEND....

We started our weekend off bright and early Friday morning at the Scrapbook Expo. There were great deals but you had to be willing to wait in lines, lines and more lines.
Adree had a shopping list for the entire town of Neola. I guess that's what happens when you live out in the country. When one goes to the "big city" you send your list :)
I think we have laughed more about this picture than anything else on the trip. I bought this cute "pumpkin" sign at the scrapbook expo (random, I know) but when we decided to document the occasion with a picture grandma proudly displayed the sign. We will forever be confused about when and where we were because of this sign.
The new age of scrapbooking. My mom, Rachel (sister-in-law), and I have all gone digital so all we needed was our laptops. In the past we have hauled boxes and boxes and boxes of supplies up three floors to our room so it was kind of nice this year. Adree and Kristie (other sister-in-law) still do paper. We also celebrated my mom's birthday and got her the cutest MICHE purse. These things are awesome! They have interchangeable covers so in a matter of seconds you look like you have an entirely new purse. Happy Birthday Mom!
And then, the shopping! For our winter girls weekend we have such an agenda to get all the Christmas shopping done so it was so nice to just be able to shop for ourselves.

Our final adventure was eating at the Cheesecake Factory. With notorious wait times of up to three and four hours we decided to go at 2pm to avoid the lines. Ya, right. Even at two in the afternoon we had to sit out in a windstorm for over an hour before we got in.
I don't know that I have ever seen Rachael as excited as when the buzzer finally went off.
We finally got in! Now on to the next task....reading through 23 pages of menu items!
And in the middle of it all....A picture text from Troy showing me our little Caymbree finally crawling. I had to fight the tears. I am SO not ready for this.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

This is the greatest tradition! Good for you girls. Everything looks like so much fun! Oh, and have fun with little Caymbree being mobile! :)

Tara said...

I am so glad you had a fun, relaxing girls weekend.

Post-it Notes said...

Looks like so much fun and I am so jealous that you went to the scrapbook expo. What a fun time!!

Kelli said...

Looks like you had a great time. We have similar traditions in my family and they are always so fun. Girls' weekends are a necessity in life!

Mindy said...

How fun Jami! This reminds me, we need to get on the ball and plan our girls weekend for this summer!

Cathy said...

What a great weekend. I am so grateful that we were all able to go. Its fun to do the girl stuff occasionally and to make great memories together. I'm glad to twisted grandma's arm and got her to go with us. I know she enjoyed it. Hopefully she will comment on the blog, but I'm not certain that she has it totally figured out yet....we may need a little more training. Anyway, thanks for the purse....I love it and show it off to everyone.
Love ya,
Mom

Mrs. Budge said...

You are truly an inspiration! I will one day do the digital stuff. We need a weekend so you can teach me. How fun to be with the girls! I can't believe Caymbree is mobile, didn't you just have her a month or so ago?! j/k but seriously time flies!!

JLJ said...

Hey! I went to a scrapbook convention this weekend too! Actually, my friend roped me into volunteering so we got free admission and 2 free classes. And yay for Caymbree crawling!