Sunday, April 13, 2008

American Idol


Alright, time to change up the playlist. This time in tribute to my favorite show of the moment - AMERICAN IDOL. Without TiVO, Tuesday nights are sacred around here. There are not many shows out there that can appeal to such a broad range of people and I love that I can sit down and watch it with my grandparents, parents and the kiddos and we all can enjoy it. This year I'm going with the "Davids". David Archuleta as my first choice with David Cook sparking some interest.

As for my all time favorite idol...that's a tough one. I know I've said it before but Clay Aiken really is at the top of my list. I loved his voice. Carrie Underwood probably comes in second and Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry tie for third.

So whose your pick for this season? Who is your all time favorite Idol? Or are you just one of those idol haters (he he)?

11 comments:

Tara Williams said...

I watched the first season and I like Kelly...but after that, I lost interest. I guess now I'm a "hater". Sorry! I'm actually addicted to "LOST" and "Biggest Loser".

Tara said...

Nice Entry Jami, My all time is Chris Daughtry all the way

Adree said...

Carrie Underwood takes the cake hands down.

Lindsay said...

I'm with you on the David's. And for all time I would have to say Carrie Underwood.

Lindsay said...

And for your questions on my blog... I'm actually doing suprisingly well. Sophie still sleeps quite a bit, so really I don't know quite yet what having 4 is all about, but once she wakes from her slumber & is a bit more demanding I will find out. The girls are GREAT with her & are pretty good helpers. So life is good so far. I can't complain!

Brittney said...

i think carrie and clay are both talented, but clay has seemed a little strange/into himself on some interviews i've seen, so that puts a damper on him.

as for this year: i'm calling a guy winner. i change every week, though.

JLJ said...

I'm not a hater, but a fair weather fan. I watched every episode of the 1st season, quite a bit of the 2nd and then I haven't watched much at all until this season. So I don't really have an all time fav. As for this season, I'm definitely in the David Cook camp. Of course, my heart goes out to our little mo's, but I think D.Cook is the one to beat.

Kelli said...

We are also American Idol nutcases. We really love little David A. and vote for him every week!

And let's see, we've got the C.D's of Daughtery, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkston, Bo Bice, Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, and Clay Aiken. I didn't realize how many we had until I just wrote that. Now I'm a little embarrased. I guess I wasn't kidding when I used the word 'nutcases'!

Rob said...

Cook is way to into himself and clay is like a one man freck show. my favorit changes but i like david and the hippy

Mindy said...

We haven't watched every season, but we're totally into this one. I also love that our whole family likes to watch it together. I love David A's voice, but think David C. is a better performer. I used to be more of a Brooke fan, but haven't been loving her as much lately. Overall, I'm pulling for Archuletta.

BigEd said...

I love it this season! I am a big fan of David Cook, he is the most talented in my opinion, his remakes of other songs are amazing. I do love David Archuletta's voice, however, and he is just so cute in that 12 year old sort of way.