Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hallee's date night out

About a month ago we started noticing some changes in Hallee. My sweet, tender happy little girl started acting out a little and just seemed to be frustrated all the time. She started to whine about everything and even started talking back a bit. Troy and I decided that maybe we needed to be more consistent with the marble jar and give her a good incentive to work towards. With the marble jar the kids earn a marble for good behavior, using good manners, helping out around the house and so forth. They lose marbles for the opposite behaviors. We decided that Hallee needed more one-on-one attention and so the reward would be a date night out with mom or dad. Well, she filled her jar and we started coming up with ideas for our night out. Her request.....a pedicure with mom! At first I was a little hesitant but the more I thought about it the more excited I got. So last night Hallee and I headed out for a little R&R :)


We had a blast! She had a grin from ear to ear the ENTIRE time and the girls at the salon made such a fuss over her. They had to prop her up with two pillows just so her feet would reach the water but it was so cute. We read magazines and picked out all the stars from High School Musical and American Idol, talked about school, dancing and friends. Afterwards we went and got root beer floats and hit a few shops.
I know, I know a pedicure for a six year old sounds a little indulgent but ya know what ...it was worth EVERY penny.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

I LOVE this! I always admired how you and Troy really try to take each child out on date nights. Jason and I keep trying to do the same thing; I think it is really important for them to have that one on one time. I remember my Dad taking us out to breakfast individually, and it was the coolest thing ever in the whole world. Good job, Jami. And your toes look lovely! I think the pics of you at the salon and that pic of your feet together are serious treasures.

Brittney said...

love. love love LOVE. what a great mom you are--one-on-one with your baby girl and a pedicure to boot! that's what i call a win-win. seriously, like brooke said, those pics/memories are priceless.

Mindy said...

How fun is that! Hallee looks so grown up there reading her magazine. I'm sure she was in heaven! With your three girls, this is just the beginning of so many fun "girly" outings together.

JLJ said...

I just get #1 the $5 paint job. She still gets to sit in the chair and hang out with me and it's about $25 cheaper!

Unknown said...

Doesn't seem excessive to me.:)Sounds like a great time!!!!! Great job mommie!

Cathy said...

Hallee....wow! Looks like so much fun and pretty grown-up. You have a great mom and you are a pretty terrific young lady. I'm glad you had such a fun night out with your mom. YOur toes look great.
Love,
Grandma

Mrs. Budge said...

LOVE IT! I love Hallee reading "People" it completes the effect.