Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Grand Slam




When it comes to presents, let's face it; there will always be some hits and some misses. This year for Valentines day, Troy knocked it out of the park. I was on my way home from Logan when he called to say he was at Smith's grocery store picking up a few things. In my mind I thought, "Well, I guess I know what I will be getting." I expected to come home to a bouquet of flowers sitting on the table. Imagine my surprise when I walked in my house and saw a card hanging from the ceiling that said "Look Up." I looked up to see a beautifully, and I MEAN BEAUTIFULLY decorated wall. AN ENTIRE WALL - start to finish decorated. I could not believe my eyes. I screamed, cried, laughed and Troy wasn't even there to see any of it. (He said if he knew he was going to get that kind of reaction he would have been there). It was amazing! I can't believe the time and energy that he put into this gift. I definitely think this was the GRAND SLAM of all Valentines presents. I love you Troy!

A little background info: When you walk into our house you come into a two-story entry. If you look upwards there is a HUGE wall that we have always wondered what to do there. We have discussed lot of possibilities but the project always seemed daunting. For one, it is a big wall and to put something little on it would be silly. And two, it is about 20 feet in the air and everything has to be done by ladder. Because of this I had pretty much just given up on the idea.

10 comments:

Cathy said...

WOW. . .I am impressed!! It is beautiful! Way to go Troy!!!!!!
Mom

Larsen's! said...

ok...where is this feminine side of Troy coming from? To decorate like that? What have us women being doing all these years that Troy's been in the fam? Obviously, we've been sending the wrong pp out to shop and decorate. YOU ROCK TROY...you are my new hero! Could you teach a few of the other guys in the family a bit of your knowledge...this is how you truly impress your woman! I agree, James, this is truly the VALENTINE GRAND SLAM!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, who's son are you? You need to come down to Phoenix and fix decorate my house too. :) Way to go slugger!
We love and miss you all,
Mom

Post-it Notes said...

Way to go Troy!! Its beautiful. That is a daunting wall, Im so impressed with his decorating!!

JLJ said...

What a nice surprise! Good job Troy!

Kelli said...

Wow Troy! I had no idea you had that in you!! That is one great V-day present!

Tristen said...

Way to go Troy!! Some men are just gifted at the whole gift giving business. Adam once had an entire outfit, including shoes laid out on the bed for me when I got home from work. It was amazing. I love the wall and can't wait to come over and see it!!

BigEd said...

Seriously, maybe he should quit his day job. Amazing.

Tara said...

I love how Troy acts like it is no big deal that he did this amazing creation from a shelf and two pictures, like isn't that what every man gets his wife for Valentines?? Good job!!

Lindsay said...

Now that is a great Valentine's present!