Thursday, February 7, 2008

All about Me 2008

I've been tagged with the 2008 version of "Getting to know you" a few times so I figure it's about time I get around to filling it out. Here goes nothing...

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:30am to my tried and true, rarely fails, cute little "Hopers" alarm. It says "Mom, get me ceweal" over and over and the snooze button seems to be broken.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds baby!
3. What was the last movie you saw? Spiderman (it's the last 12 movies I have seen. It's Hopes latest movie obsession).
4. Where is the most beautiful place you've ever been? Cancun, hands down. I guess I should clarify. The ocean and beaches of Cancun.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Lately I have been all about hot chocolate and toast. I also do eggos, cream of wheat and cereal.
6. What is your favorite food? I love a good steak with A1 sauce, and any type of pasta.
7. What food do you dislike? Any and all types of fish.
8. What is your favorite CD lately? I love the Wicked soundtrack. It is one my girls and I all agree on.
9. What kind of car do you drive? A Toyota Sequoia (sp?)
10. Favorite sandwich? Hmmm...too many to narrow down
11. What characteristics do you despise? Just down right mean people
12. Favorite item of clothing? Any shirt that hides the extra layer of baby fat but still looks fashionable.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would you go? Europe
14. What color is your bathroom? Off white. Hopefully that will change soon. Troy will be away on business for two weeks - I have big plans! :)
15. Favorite brand of clothing? No particular brand. Store...Charlotte Russe
16. Where would you retire? I can't see myself going too far.
17. What was your most memorable birthday? My 8th birthday. Besides the obvious baptism, and to make a LONG story short - We miraculously followed and retrieved a mylar balloon that
escaped. It ended up miles away and basically floated right down into our arms.
18. Favorite sport to watch? Basketball and dancing
19. Favorite saying? "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
20. When is your birthday? July 6th. I turned the big 30 this year.
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Ummm, NEITHER. I'm still trying to figure out what time of day is my best.
22. What is your shoe size? What a random question. 71/2?
23. Pets? Nope. Probably not ever unless the little munchkins can convince us otherwise.
24. What did you want to be when you were little? A teacher
25. What are you today?A teacher on sabbatical, a full time mother.
26. What is your favorite candy? Swedish fish!
27.. What is your favorite flower? Daisies
28. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? The week of the fourth of July. My favorite time of year! We spend the entire week at our cabin- 30 years and counting.
29. What are you listening to right now? the television.
30. What was the last thing you ate? I just snuck a couple of swedish fish.
31. Do you believe in Angels? Absolutely!
32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Hot pink! It's bold and sassy!
33. Pet peeves? Road ragers and employees who hate their jobs and in turn hate helping customers. GET A NEW JOB! Hopefully one where you are in a dark room and I don't have to deal with your oneriness
34. Favorite Television show? Let's see. American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, and Brothers and Sisters.
35. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Tara
36. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yep! All three of them:)
37. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke with a freshly squeezed lime.
38. Hair Color? Take your pick. It changes frequently.
39. Favorite restaurant? I know it's pathetic but Olive Garden is still one of my favorites. That and Spaghetti Factory.
40. Siblings? 2 brothers and a sister
41. What was your favorite toy as a child? Strawberry Shortcake dolls
42. Summer or Winter? Um, that's a toughy! It was 20 degrees outside today and we have had massive crazy amounts of snow. I'm going with SUMMER!
43. Hugs or kisses? Hugs. There is nothing quite like a big huge hug from the kiddos and an unexpected squeeze from the hubby.
44. Chocolate or vanilla? I've always been a vanilla fan but this last pregnancy did something to my taste buds. I'm actually switching over to chocolate.
45. When was the last time you cried? President Hinkley's funeral. I couldn't stop crying. It was a doozey!
46. What is under your bed? Well, let me check. Not much actually. A few hangers, a tissue and oh wait, a beautifully wrapped valentines present just for me.... Not.
47. Who is the friend you've had longest? All my high school friends
48. What did you do last night for dinner? Invited Betty Crocker over and had a meal in a box. It was actually quite good.
49. Favorite smell? Hot apple pie
50. What are you most afraid of? Being in a bad car accident. Having to watch one of my children suffer for any reason.
51. How many years at your current job? Six years as a mother, 10 years as a wife
52. Favorite day of the week? Sunday. Besides the obvious reason, it's the only day of the week that Troy consistently has off.
53. How many towns have you lived in? Logan, Ephraim, and Riverton. Exotic isn't it?
54. Do you make friends easily? Yes. But not only friends...great friends.
55. Are you happy? Again, a bizarre question. But yes, I am happy. Very happy.

And now...TAG you are it! All of my blog buddies. Jen D, Jen J, Tara S, Josie, Adree, Krista, Brooke, Chelsea, Julie, Kelly, Brittney, Tristen, Liz, Iemei, Lindsey, Evelyn, Tara W. Ok, I've listed ALL of you so you have no excuse. All except Kara and Krista because you beauties sent it to me :) oh, and possibly Lindsey and Chelsea because I belive they just did one. Anyway...

7 comments:

Post-it Notes said...

I love these because I get to learn so much that I didnt know!

Chelsea said...

yes...I did just did one:) I'll count myself out, but I do think I love you because I bought that salsa from Costco...and I probably think its my FAVORITE ever! YAAY:) So anyway, thanks for the info!

Kelli said...

These are my favorite to read because I get to learn so much I didn't know!

Mrs. Budge said...

Loved reading your comments, you are so witty! I love your favorite brand of clothing...I will be right there with you again in April, right now I'm in all my glory of fatness, blaming it on a baby.

Tristen said...

I love learning all about Jami, I didn't know our birthdays were so close. Call me dumb cuz we even had a birthday lunch together this year. Mine is July 7th.

JLJ said...

Vanilla? I can't believe you're only now turning to the dark side. Cold Stone has a seasonal ice cream flavor, Ghiardelli's dark chocolate. Oh, so good.

BigEd said...

What a marvelous person you are. I really admire you - although your position on chocolate is a bit disconcerting.