Saturday, October 6, 2007

SOLVING THE WORLDS PROBLEMS

Intrigued by the title hey? Well, it's true...my friend and I solved ALL the world's problems yesterday during one of our regular theraputic-ignore-the-chaos conversations. I'm a little shocked at how simple the answer is actually and even more amazed at how long it has taken me to realize it. So are you ready for it? It's KINDNESS! Just think, if we all were kind to each other there would be no more wars, no divorce, abuse, road rage....

So here is the hard part; How do I instill this in my children? How do I teach them how absolutely critical this life skill is? (I'm accepting any and all suggestions!)

I had to put my money where my mouth is today when some not-very-nice (I'm not allowed to say "stupid") trucker honked and threw up his arms when I pulled out LONG in front of him after waiting to get across the road for five minutes. I was proud of myself for whispering "kindness...kindness...kindness" in between gritted teeth and you'll be happy to know I even mustered up a smile, a wave and mouthed the words "sorry".

So moral of the story...be kind today...Pass it on!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Jami, I wanted you to know that I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Especially in how I talk to my own kids. How sad is that??? Since Jason has been gone, my patience is very much lacking, particularly at the end of the day. So I've been trying to remember... kindness, kindness, kindness!

Cathy said...

You have such a gift of writing your feelings and events down on paper. You're amazing! Anyway, thanks for the reminder of the Golden Rule....do unto others as you would have others do unto you. I know that there are days with children that being kind is really a stretch, but the reward will pay off with them and those around you. Your children will learn from your wonderful example.
Love ya, Mom

394bull said...

your mom is right-on. your example is a seed you will see grow early on. it also seems to hybernate in the 15 to 19 yrs of age era. it will reach a rewarding full blossom when they step fully into life and want the same respect and admiration for themselves that they and others have for (you) their parents. you are incredible jami, and that is a reflection of where your from and an inspiring example to all of us that are blessed to know you. you make it look easy and enjoyable. but, some of us have been there and know it is some of the hardest work on the planet.
Love, Tom