Thursday, October 25, 2007

PERSPECTIVE

Perspective is an interesting thing isn't it? It seems like every time I start to self pity, life has a way of putting things back in proper perspective again.

This past week I have encountered endless green boogers from three little noses compounded by a massive case of the stomach flu for mom. YUCK! Sounds horrible until my blog snooping led me to a mothers daily account of her four year olds battle with cancer. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing while I thanked my Heavenly Father for good health for me, my husband and mostly my children. THANK HEAVEN FOR PERSPECTIVE.

I have spent countless days worrying about the health of my grandfather and have tried to spend as much time as possible with him every time I go to Logan. Recently, one of my friends lost her grandmother in a sudden and unexpected death. No closure, only questions. THANK HEAVEN FOR PERSPECTIVE.

I always have a list of "wishes" and "if I just had" items on my mind. Take for example, the fall centerpiece that would have looked amazing on my kitchen table. Last night I watched in horror at the thousands of homes destroyed in the California fires where they literally lost EVERYTHING. That fall centerpiece just doesn't seem so important anymore. Again, THANK YOU FOR A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE.

I think the Lord has a way of directing my path to help me appreciate what I have; it's just a shame he even has to remind me. I have a wonderful healthy family. I have a home with all of my basic needs not only met but in abundance. I have friends on every hand that are always willing to help in any way shape and form. Life is good. I am truly blessed. Sometimes, I just need a little PERSPECTIVE.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

Post-it Notes said...

I love this post! I totally agree. Isnt it sad that we need that perspective to appreciate what we have. Thanks for posting this!! -Krista

Brittney said...

amen. good thoughts, jami.