Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Betty Crocker- I think not!



So when we lined up for talents in heaven why is it that I bypassed the "domestic" line completely? I'm sure there must have been some great sale going on that lured me away because I am one heck of a shopper!? The problem is that when I do feel the urge to be Betty Crocker I usually end up with a kitchen that looks like a tornado just hit, the need for an on-call assistant and a semi-decent finished product. If I am lucky - every once in a while I might hit the jackpot. While Adree was here last weekend I thought she would be the perfect assistant in making my moms famous cinnamon twists BUT I was mistaken! She is no better than I (okay, really she is far better than I but in this particular instance she was not). We ended up calling my mom every five minutes and second guessing our every move. In the end, we did have a mess, a phone covered in flour but a fairly good product.

5 comments:

Larsen's! said...

you two crack me up...I miss seeing you both. You're great girls and have great kids. Been fun being a part of your growing up years. Hang in there, James...cooking isn't easy! luv ya, jules

Cathy said...

I love the fact that I am still needed for something. Thanks for calling me.
Mom

Adree said...

Hey, Hey, Hey Just because I didn't know how to cook the one thing doesn't mean I should lose my title of Betty Crocker!!!!!!!

Post-it Notes said...

I think we must have been at the same sale because I missed the domestic cooking skills too! LOL! Im glad I'm not alone :)-Krista

Brittney said...

you're hilarious. i've dealt with the same kitchen tragedies, until i've formed a deep friendship with a domestic assistant named "lee" who has flexible hours and reasonable rates and is located less than a mile away down the hill, right across from tommie's donuts. it's a beautiful relationship...