Thursday, January 7, 2010

December run down

Let's see. Just trying to get caught up on all of our Christmas activities. Competition...check. Enrichment... Check. Oh ya. I guess I should cover the THREE trips to Logan in FIVE days. How could I forget that??
The first trip was the weekend of the 18th. I had a cousin getting married and my sister was not going to be around on Christmas so we decided to do the wedding and cousin exchange that weekend. It is always crazy but always super fun!! Sledding in grandpa's back yard never seems to get old.


The kids anxiously awaiting their gifts.Grandma did pajama's for all the grandkids. Aren't they cute?She also made aprons for all the girls. I know. She is a serious over achiever. The girls loved them and they come in handy when trying to protect the clothes during craft projects. We came back home late Sunday evening and I turned around and went back up on Wed. Troy joined us on Thursday for the Christmas Eve party.

We decided to get a little crazy this year and do fondue. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it was. Oh my. I am salivating just thinking about it.


And as always Santa made a quick appearance to give the kiddos pj's. Caymbree has been absolutely TERRIFIED of Santa this season and usually starts to cry if we get within a few feet of him. The week before Christmas we kept talking about him and telling her how fun and loving he is and brainwashing her into the idea of sitting on his lap. Nonetheless, I was still SHOCKED when she actually did. She was a little nervous but when she saw him handing out presents I guess she figured it was worth giving him a shot.

A few years ago Troy and I decided that we wanted to start doing Christmas morning at our own home with our little family. This requires a late night drive home on Christmas Eve. So we left Logan about 9:45pm and made it home a little before midnight. Luckily Santa hadn't been by yet.

We then turned around a day later to go back to Logan for my Grandpa Smith's birthday party. I know. It's crazy. Believe me I know! But I am a sucker for family events and Christmas just wouldn't be the same without it.
Oh ya. And in the middle of it all Hallee's class did a cute little Christmas play. She played the part of Prancer and did a super job!


2 comments:

Kelli said...

Your December sounds so much like mine! CrAZy!!! We are the same way with family things - we don't like to miss them, and we like to have our own Christmas morning at our house. So, we go back and forth a lot too. I wouldn't trade it though. So much fun! Although, it's kind of a relief to get January here! Cute enrichment idea too. Our ward dosen't seem to do much when it comes to that. NOT that I'm complaining-I really don't want that job! Ha ha. You do a good job.

Tara Williams said...

Looks like you guys had busy but FUN Christmas. Your mom is so seriously talented!!! I guess that's where you picked it up, right? I'm laughing at the picture of Caymbre the poser! I totally thought it was Hope for a moment! Between your kids and mine, we have some serious HAMS in the family! :)