Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A day in the life...

WOW. That's all I can say. Those of you currently living with two year olds know what I mean. Having once had a two year old doesn't count. It's called selective memories. I think it's the big guy upstairs way of ensuring a continuation of reproducing.

Caymbree is as cute as they come and but is as stubborn as a mule. We thought Hope was stubborn. Ha. If we only knew.

She's also a mastermind at manipulation tactics. Like the other day when she wanted me to get her blankie upstairs and I said, "Caymbree, I'm busy. Can you run upstairs and get it?" To which she ran over to the couch, hopped up on it, gave me the most sad and pathetic look and said, " I can't. I sick." WHAT THE HUD!!

She even used it again the next day when I found her rummaging through my purse. She had the deer in the headlights look when I walked down. I gave her the stern look, and asked "Caymbree, why are you in my purse?" Again, her response was to run to the couch, hop up and say, "Mom. I sick." Oh we are SOOOOOO in trouble.

And to top it off check out the day we had this week. First, she snuck into Hopes room, helped herself to Hope's make-up and created quite the artwork on her face.

Notice her "hiding"in between my bed and nightstand. She pulled the If-I-don't-look-at-her-she-won't-see-me thing.

When I confronted her about her make-up she said, "Hope said I could pay wis her make-up". Uh-hu. Ya. Right. Hope's make-up is off limits to just about any and everyone but I'm sure she told you you could have free reign with it.
Fast forward a whole hour....and you'll find this....She decided to do her hair by going into Hallee's closet, helping herself to an entire bottle of lotion and applying it to her entire head. Breathe, count to ten, breathe.....



I know this phase will pass and I'm trying to remind myself to just roll with the punches. Somedays are easier than others. And I'm so grateful for the Relief Society lesson we had on Sunday that reminded me that Heavenly Father has blessed each one of his children with certain personality traits that can be great assets in building up the kingdom of God. And with Caymbree's will and determination there must be great things in store.

7 comments:

slap said...

oh man...been there done that!!! Glad it's over. I don't think though that we choose to forget things, they just become funny later and so so big a deal????? You look back and wonder why it mattered so much!

JLJ said...

Oh! She looks so guilty in the picture with the lotion in her hair.

The Lively's said...

Gotta love 2 year olds! Just wait until she is 3! Good Times! LOL!

Unknown said...

I love the picture of her pretending to be invisible. Way too hilarious!!!

Josie said...

I currently have a two year old living at home s technically I can be on board with you! Cash was just looking at this with me and said,"oh..tute!" (cute)

Kelli said...

Oh, to have a 2 year old again!! Good times for sure. I'd take it in a heartbeat!

Region went great! We won dance and military, had a little hat/music problem (penalty) in kick and ended up in third, but still ended up winning overall! It was a close one. Have fun judging 4A! Have you judged much this year? I havent seen ya! Any idea who is judging 2A state? Or am I even allowed to ask that?

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute! BTW, Its cute when its not your kid! Come to Spin!!