Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hallee's BFF

Hallee was VIP in her class last week at school. It was a week full of extra privileges and an afternoon spotlight all about her. I was asked to come in and do an activity with the class in honor of Hallee. She informed me that the last few VIP's had not done anything fun and really put the pressure to come up with something fantastic. So I started wracking my brain. This is pressure people!


So on the big day we all sat in a circle and I put numerous bowls in the middle full of small candies. Hallee would read a statement about herself and if it applied to them they were able to take a candy. For example, if Hallee said, "my favorite color is pink" only those whose favorite color is pink could take a candy. At the end they added up their candies to find out who had the most in common with her. The winner received a king size Butterfinger (Hallee's favorite) and a sign that said "HALLEE'S BFF" to wear. Hallee was so worried it was going to be a boy. I assured her that it would not be a boy since a lot of the questions were more geared towards girls (like "I love to dance," or "I like Justin Beiber"). Of course it would go to a girl. Right?



WRONG! So funny. They both were mortified but were great sports. I told the boy that he had to leave the sign on until school got out in order to get his candy bar. Luckily school got out 20 minutes later. Gotta love it!

3 comments:

JLJ said...

That is hilarious! And a totally creative game.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Guess him wanting the candy wasn't such a good idea! I might have to do that one.

BigEd said...

U r so creative! Nice work mom.