Sunday, October 16, 2011

We like to party!!!

My friend Tara and I planned the party of all parties for Halloween this year. Okay. Maybe that's just a little dramatic but as we talked a million times a day about the million little details of the party and made a million to-do lists in preparation it sure as heck felt like it. It was SO much fun and SO worth the work.

So just in case you were wondering what makes up a fabulous party I'll let you in on all of our secrets....

1) FOOD. FOOD. and MORE FOOD. Oh and did I mention food?
2) Before you mock our covered pop bottles let me just say....totally made the whole party! (Alright, maybe not but they sure looked cute!) 3) PRIZES!! Seven $10 gift cards were handed out for things like "Best Halloween dish," "Best Female costume," "Best Male Costume", "Best couple costume", and prizes for game winners as well.




4) DECORATIONS. We held the party at the Sansom cabin which was an hour and a half drive away. We couldn't have a Halloween party without decorations could we? We borrowed and stole from our own houses, both of our mom's houses as well as Tara's sisters house. It only took seven bins and five hours to set up but what can I say. We are a little crazy.



5) COSTUMES. Oh the costumes! How could I not share. So for your viewing pleasure and maybe to spark a little creativity of your own I now present the costumes....




BTW- Troy took runner up on "best FEMALE costume."










Jeremy and Shantell came with their 4 day old baby boy. Yep. Now THEY know how to party!














I think I am missing a few so I will have to add them to the next post. Such a fun group. We ate, we laughed, we played games, we laughed, and then for a few who stayed the night we stayed up till 2:30am, sat around a bonfire and laughed some more.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like it was tons of fun!! Hilarious costumes!! Sad we missed it:(

Josie said...

It was beyond unbelievable...can't wait till next year;)