Monday, March 9, 2009

Cooking Contest

I'm not quite sure how it happened. One second Hallee and her friend Trinity are talking about having some cooking contest and the next thing we know they have invited (by hand made invitations) half of the neighborhood kids to make a treat and come to a cooking contest at Trinity's house.

It was so cute to see them plan for their party. And plan they did. Hours and HOURS of planning and preparation. They made cooking bingo boards for each guest.
They even made medals for each kid. However, we talked them out of using them. We just weren't sure giving kids "a" "b" "c" "d" medals would be good on the old self esteem :). Instead Tara, Steve and I "the judges" gave out awards like "BEST PRESENTATION", "MOST CREATIVE", "MOST UNIQUE", and so forth.




Other preparations included making all the decorations for the party. I wish I would have taken a close-up picture because they were pretty cute. They drew and colored things like a pizza slice, broccoli, cookies, and root beer.
The kids loved it and I think everyone had a great time. The greatest memory for me is when Hallee came home from one of her planning meetings with Trinity worried that she had cheated. When I asked her how she had cheated she said, "Well, I know that Steve is going to be one of the judges so I asked Trinity what his favorite food is. She said chocolate covered stawberries. Now, if I make that I will automatically win but I think that's kind of cheating." Oh, how I love Hallee.

4 comments:

Heather said...

How fun!! I am sure the best part was eating all of the treats!:)

smithfamilymoments said...

That is so darn cute. Olivia was just sitting here as I looked through your blog and she couldn't get enough. Too bad your not closer. Liv and Hallee would have the best of times together.

Tara said...

You took some great pictures I need to blog mine. They pulled it off those girls are too funny.

Unknown said...

Honesty and Hallee go hand in hand.