Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hello world...I'm back.

Whew. Glad this week is over. It's been a little crazy. It all started last Saturday when I started feeling like something just wasn't quite right. I figured I was coming down with a cold but by Sunday morning I couldn't even get out of bed. I hurt all over, had a fever of 102, and had swollen glands the size of Texas. I was MISERABLE!!!! I am still claiming I caught it via the blog world :) I was down and out Sunday and most of Monday before I could drag myself to the doctor to get medicated. Troy gets the husband of the year award and was super dad while I was sick. As fate would have it he had both Saturday, Sunday AND Monday off which was a HUGE blessing. Between him and my friend Tara I didn't even lay eyes on my girls for three days. Troy waited on me hand and foot. Now, for those of you in tears of jealousy I will just tell you that it has not always been that way. The last time I was on my deathbed and Troy was less than stellar HE ended up coming down with the same thing and apologizing profusely for not being more sympathetic.

Anyway, by Wednesday I had no choice but to be better because I had to drive 2 1/2hours to judge a Region Drill Team Competition in Richfield. I left at 1pm and didn't get home until 11:00 pm. Not the best way to recover from Strep but what do you do. Thursday night I judged a region at Cottonwood and I just got home from judging in Nephi today. I judge State next Saturday and then the drill team season is officially OVER.

Well, I survived the week and owe a HUGE thanks to the many people who helped out. I am so grateful for amazing friends who are my family away from home. Thanks for the calls, the food, and all the help with my kids. YOU ARE THE BEST!

9 comments:

smithfamilymoments said...

So sorry to hear you have been sick. I too am just recovering from the flu. Tis the season huh. It's sounds like yours was pretty intense. Glad things are going better. Amen for great husbands!

Tara said...

Good to have you back!! I am glad your crazy week is over too. Back into the swing of things. Troy does the the father of the year award I agree with that one. Love those conversations you have, I am so glad you blog them it is great entertainment.

BigEd said...

Glad you are feeling better, and glad you have one of the great men out there! BTW your girls are darling and seem very entertaining.

JLJ said...

Sorry you were sick. I'm glad you included the disclaimer about Troy's prior service. It's good to know men can learn empathy. Good luck finishing up with the judging.

Heather said...

That sounds like it was horrible!! May all of our husbands (that haven't learned yet:)) learn a valuable lesson from Troy!!:) Glad you are finally over that!

Post-it Notes said...

So glad that you are feeling better. I think it should be a rule that Moms cant get sick!

Unknown said...

I am soooooo glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I tell everyone when your a Mom you don't get sick days. But sounds like you were well taken care of. Glad your feeling better.

Tristen said...

Tara told me you were sick. I'm glad you are feeling better.