Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Hallee!!!

Hallee scored big time this year with not just a birthday but a weekend worth of birthday celebrations. A few months ago when we were trying to decide what to do for her birthday she said that all she wanted was to go to Logan to celebrate with her cousins. So the day after Christmas I loaded up the car and headed to Logan for the THIRD time in seven days. We met up with some of her cousins at the Fun Park in Logan for a rip-roaring impromptu party. She had a blast playing on the soft play and the arcade games and watching her grandpa and uncles try to win "tickets" for her playing Deal or No Deal.

Also while we were there my dad invited her to go shopping with him to pick out a birthday present for my Grandpa at Cal Ranch. While they were there he told her she could pick out anything she wanted for her birthday. I'm pretty sure he didn't know what he was getting himself into. After carefully scoping out each and every isle she still wasn't sure she had found the perfect thing. He suggested a pair of pink cowboy boots to which she replied, "Na, my mom always makes me match. If those don't match, she would never let me wear them." Nice.

After some deliberation she decided just to wait. As they were driving home one of them (not sure on who) suggested Old Navy. Now, this may not seem like a big deal but have I mentioned how much my dad HATES to shop. Like break out in a cold sweat and get a stomach ache, HATES it. So he walked into Old Navy for the first time in his life to let Hallee pick out something. Apparently, she even knows her size. Too funny. What I would've given too see the two of them shopping at Old Navy. Dad, you're the best!



On the morning of her actual birthday we woke her up and surprised her by taking her to IHOP for breakfast.



During breakfast we told her about her second surprise! After years of begging, Troy had finally agreed to let her get her ears pierced. She was SO excited and a little nervous.

While unwrapping her presents she got her third surprise. Tickets to go to the Broadway musical WICKED with mom and dad. She has wanted to go ever since Troy and I went in California but we kept telling her she was too young. Aren't we tricky!

We ended the evening with a sleepover with her friend Trinity. They had fun playing High School Musical Dance on the Wii, making, decorating and eating cupcakes, and texting on the text messagers that Trinity gave her.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HALLEE!!! WE LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

Post-it Notes said...

Logan- 3 times in 7 days... Wow! Once a month is enough for me. Looks like Hallee had a great birthday!

Heather said...

What a fun birthday!!! I am jealous about the Wicked tickets:) I can't believe that Troy didn't cut his finger all the way off, it looks horrible!!! Sounds like you have had a crazy couple of weeks like us! Glad you had a fun Christmas:)

Kelli said...

Oh, don't you just love December birthdays?? You'd think after Christmas you could just breathe a big sigh of relief and relax...nope, not us..... it's on to the birthday party planning immediately. You know exactly how I feel! I am so jealous of the Wicked tickets too. How fun!

Unknown said...

Hallee just keeps getting more beautiful. I miss you.

Grandma Susu

394bull said...

Hallee, you are so diciplined and patient for your age (cal-ranch is a guy place). I could learn a lot from you. I am so proud of you. I love you just the way you are. I wouldn't change a thing. Please never chance. Happy birthday wingless angel.

Grandpa Tom
Grandama Diane