Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A day late and a dollar short


I'm not sure who came up with that phrase but in this instance it couldn't be more literal. I know it's somewhat lame of me to post this after the fact when no one can reap the benefits but I only found out about it late last night. At my first enrichment meeting one of the gals told us about the website http://pinchingyourpennies.com/ and the screaming deals link. It takes the current ads and combines them with coupons (printable from website) to get you some good/great/and unbelievable deals. With Malt-O-Meal cereal on sale at Smith's for $4 for 4 combined with the coupons for $1.00 I was able to purchase EIGHT BAGS OF CEREAL FOR da, da, da DA..... $0.00. However, when I showed up at Smith's at 10:30pm on the last day of the sale they were of course sold out. So I headed to WalMart to price match. When the cashier rang me up and my total came to .25 cents she just kept saying, "Oh, this can't be right." But after verifying everything I walked out of the store with my eight bags of cereal and .25 cents out of my wallet. I have to admit it was kind of exhilarating.


So fellow penny pinchers who like good deals maybe we should keep tabs on this website. Next time I'll try to pass on the savings BEFORE the sale is over.

6 comments:

Joni said...

I'm always up for great deals/steals like that. Thanks for sharing the website and let me know of other great deals.

Post-it Notes said...

Great deal! Im gonna check out that website and let me know if you run across any other awesome deals!!

JLJ said...

whoohoo! What a steal! How is enrichment going anyway?

Brittney said...

25 cents, huh. not bad. not bad at all. :) (thanks for sharing the website; i'll have to check it out.)

Adree said...

thanks alot. I always fill you in on the deals.

Lindsay said...

I love pinchingyourpennies.com. I got like 20 bags of the cereal for free. I can't believe some of the crazy good deals I've gotten from the website. Plus I'm a nerd & get 5 Sunday papers for the coupons. I'm working on building up my food storage that we actually go through.