Monday, December 17, 2007

Ode to my mother


I've always known it but I'm not sure I have truly appreciated it...until now. Maybe it has taken me three kids to fully grasp it, or maybe it's that I'm just older and wiser now. I'm talking about how unbelievably AMAZING my mother is. I'm not just saying it in the "mothers-day-card" type of way; I am saying it with complete astonishment ,admiration and disbelief. I am not sure how one person can do so much. I can't understand how one person with SO much to do can still keep a smile on her face. I am amazed at how one person with SO much to do, with a smile on her face STILL gives a 110% to everything and everyone.

Just in the past few months she has taken numerous family photos, created, designed and in some cases even printed Christmas cards for any and everyone who has asked. She has devoted hundreds of hours (literally) creating a printable digital scrapbook of my grandfathers life history. She continues to serve as the Stake Relief Society President truly giving all of her time, talents and energy to those she serves. All this, AND she still works as a nurse in labor and delivery.

Currently, she is preparing her home for the arrival of an extra fifteen sleep-in house guests with another nine or ten pop-ins for the holidays. She has spent every spare second over the last two weeks cooking and freezing meals in preparation of our invasion! And on top of it all, she graciously volunteers to watch my three kids this past weekend so I would not have to stress about a babysitter!

She truly is one of the most amazing people I have ever known. My greatest accomplishment in life would be to turn out even remotely like her. I have so much to learn, so much energy to acquire, and patience to gain before I can even be on the right track.

Thank you Mom for being such a wonderful example! I love you and I know I don't tell you enough just how truly amazing you are.

5 comments:

Post-it Notes said...

How sweet. What a great tribute to your mom. She sounds amazing!-Krista

Adree said...

AMEN to that sista!!!!!!

JLJ said...

Here, here. Your mom is pretty awesome. Go Cathy!

Cathy said...

Jami, thanks so much for the tribute...you made me cry. You are pretty amazing yourself and I love you tons. Dad and I had such a great weekend with the girls. See ya soon.
Mom

394bull said...

From where I stand..........
Well done........
Well deserved....
And, as Cathy said, the fruit fell very, very, very, close to that wonderful tree.