Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gratitude #3

Today I feel overwhelmingly grateful for my health. For my children's health. For my parents health and even my grandparents health. I am filled with awe and gratitude for those who help take care of the sick and ailing.

As a Relief Society presidency we do weekly visits to the sisters in our ward. Last night we stopped to visit a 90 year old sister whose health is slipping away daily. Her mind is sharp but her hearing is almost completely gone and her body is shutting down. She's frustrated and embarrassed to be a burden. Her daughter and primary caretaker is burning out quickly. Our secretary is a nurse (in the NICU nonetheless) but amazing in action. While I was timid and squeamish she was bold and assertive. Nurses are amazing creatures. And I am grateful there are people out who are not only willing to do these thing but actually love what they do as well.

No comments: