Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gratititude.... to infinity and beyond...

It would appear that I have been very ungrateful lately as I have neglected my daily thoughts of thanksgiving. However, rest assured that is not the case. Most days I do stop and think about what I am grateful for but it seems that lately they have never made it to the cyber world. So here is my "catch up" and conclusion all in one...

*Today I am SO grateful to be in my warm cozy home, with the fireplace crackling , surrounded by my family, protected by the snow and freezing temperatures. I am grateful the storm waited to hit us until we were all safely home. I am grateful for the warm soup and sandwiches that we ate for dinner.

* I am grateful for a hot bath and a good book. My bathtub goes into overdrive this time of year.

* I am grateful for people who inspire me. Recently I have found myself marveling at the strength and wisdom of those around me. People who are positive no matter what the outcome. People who do it all and never complain. People who invite others into their lives regardless of circumstances. I marvel at them and when I grow up I want to to be just like them.

* I am grateful for the Holidays. I love family gatherings and the Holidays provide many of them.

*I am grateful to be a mother. My children are amazing, hysterical, inspiring, maddening, and exhausting all in one.

* I am grateful for Troy. He is the hardest worker I have ever met. His determination and drive never ceases to amaze me. And lets face it; any man that can put up with FOUR girls must be pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the ear piercing Hope! I bet they look so cute!!!