Sunday, October 31, 2010

Magical Mother Moment

It's not everyday that it happens but when it does....oh how magical!!! Hope and Hallee were off to dancing one night and after watching Caymbree feel a little left out I asked her if she wanted to help me make some sugar cookies. She was DELIGHTED to help. Of course she could do it all "by myself" and wanted very little assistance from me. However, when I would step in to help she would say things like "use so good at dis mom!", or "good job mommy!". Oh my goodness. It was SO sweet!

She participated in the entire processes clean up and all and I didn't want it to end. It made me realize that I need to create these one-on-one moments much more often than I do. After all, we can all use a few more "magical moments" in our lives couldn't we???

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love your posts Jami, and yes we all do need these magical moments. This makes me want to go home and make cookies with Avah - I think I just might... (hope all is well, your family is beautiful.)