Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Loving Logan

I think in the education world I just may have received the title of "loser mom" of the year. Hallee had only been in school for three days and I pulled her out for a day and a half to go enjoy some family time in Logan. I know. I am a teacher. I should know better. But really, it's only second grade right? RIGHT??? I mean, LOOK at what my kids would have missed out on? How could I pass this up??? My parents backyard was a kids paradise with the canal being really low right now.
We drove into town on Thursday night and met up with my family and cousins for a little boating and water fun. Hallee had her first experience on a water tube. I wasn't sure how much/little to tell her. Was she aware that there was a REALLY good chance she would fall off and be floating by herself in the middle of a lake with dark water??? Nah.





Seriously. How cute is this? Second generation cousins (is that what you call your cousins kids?)that love each other like the best of friends. Priceless.


And finally, Saturday was spent with 180 pretty much strangers at an official family reunion. You know. The ones where minutes are read, families give the annual updates, and you walk around wondering who the heck all these people are. Ya. That kind. Let's just say it probably wasn't the highlight of our Logan trip. But I'm not complaining.

6 comments:

slap said...

Oh my...I've not read your blog in way too long! I've missed so much! Love the shutters, the kids are growing, the tooth fairy is always a welcome visitor and back to school already???? I can't imagine year round school like that! We've never experienced it! Hope all is well with you guys! Some time when you're up to Tom and Diane's give us a call!

Heather said...

I don't even have that many 1st cousins let alone second, how fun!!:)

BigEd said...

Yeah, we have reunions like that too. The hubby always wants me to introduce him to everyone, as if I know. Glad you are interested in my new blog, once I spend some time on it, maybe you can be a contributing author if you are interested. Glad you had a good time in Logan.

Post-it Notes said...

I am SO far behind on your blog I dont even know where to start...

First- Love the shutters that Troy made

Second- Cutest Piggy Tales on Caymbree

Third- I did the same thing with Kennedy when school started... she went for 2 days then I pulled her out and we went camping.... One reason why year round school sucks

And last- next time you're in Daybreak you should call me since we live in Daybreak now- I know, we are hard to keep up with!

Anonymous said...

Is that Hyrum dam? We lived just around the corner. How I miss the country! I hear ya about cousins...the easiest, most fun playdates out there!

Mrs. Budge said...

Seriously do you remember anything about second grade of substance? Now, boating and the water, that is something to remember.