Tuesday, August 18, 2009

4.75

4.75. That's how many years it took before we could give Hope her first official haircut. I have been hoping all summer that it would grow enough on the sides that we could start to even it all out and get rid of the mullet effect. While in Logan I took a sister /(in-law) poll to see if we should make the cut or not. Her hair is so thin and stringy that we worried it might not give us the effect we wanted by cutting it. I think we talked so much about it that we freaked Hope out and by the time WE were ready to do it, SHE wanted NOTHING to do with it. Finally, I told her I would take her to the store and let her pick out anything she wanted if she would let Aunt Adree cut it and she reluctantly agreed. Her prize of choice...GUM! Now that's a prize I can handle! It turned out SOOOOO cute and fits her sassy personality. Like when we were walking out of a store and I said, "Hurry up Hope," to which she replied with head bob and all "Listen Dufuss. I AM hurrying!" I, as well as many others within ear shot burst out laughing before I started the scolding of course.
OR how last night when I asked her to finally put away all the stuffed animals she has had out for a "sleepover" for the past month because "it's just time to clean up the mess" , she replied, "Well, Mom. I can appreciate that but I am just not ready to do it yet." Say What????


She quite digs the new cut as well and frequently requests her own personal photo shoot. The girl does not lack in the confidence area. Gotta love it!


5 comments:

smithfamilymoments said...

Her hair is absolutely adorable. It is a perfect fit for such a cute little girl.

Heather said...

I was just commenting to someone in primary on Sunday how adorable her hair was!! Totally fits her personality!!:)

Adree said...

LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE it!!!!! Dang who is that hot hair dresser?

Mrs. Budge said...

I am feeling your pain, I have the same hair issues with my 5 year old. She looks soo cute! And yes, who is that hot hair dresser? She is fabulous!

Tara said...

What a gorgeous little girl. Love the new haircut.