Sunday, November 16, 2008

Checking 'em off....

I started off the month of October with about 10 projects/events that I was responsible for before Christmas and I am happy to report that after Hope's birthday party yesterday I am now down to TWO!! Never mind the fact that the two left are the biggest and most stressful OR that they both fall within the same week. The main thing is that I am checking 'em off...


Yesterday we had a fun filled day for Hope's fourth birthday. With so much fuss getting ready for the party how could she help but feel like a diva. (And now today we have the lovely task of un-diva-fying her).

PRINCESS HOPE



THE INVITATIONS

INSIDE THE INVITATIONS






A CAKE FIT FOR A PRINCESS



THE ATTENDEES

We played pirate and princess bingo, went on a treasure hunt, had a pinata, and played princess- princess- PIRATE (think duck-duck-goose). We had a small party melt-down when it came to deciding who was going to give Hope their gift first, and another when Hope thought she only got a Gabriella doll instead of a Troy Bolton doll. Luckily, her friends know her well and she got BOTH High School musical barbie dolls. Whew.... crisis averted!

13 comments:

smithfamilymoments said...

Happy Birthday Hopers! She is such a little princess what a fitting birthday. The cake was adorable!

Larsen's! said...

did you make that adorable cake? Good job! And happy to see that Hope hasn't lost her "attitutde" in that first princess picture with her little hip cocked!

JLJ said...

I love that pirates and princesses theme. So cute. And I'm very impressed you've got your Christmas shopping nearly done - WOW!

jgalke said...

I'm guessing that was my child that had the meltdown about the gift giving. He was the only child for way to long. It looks like lots of fun!

Daisie said...

Wow Jami, looks like you throw a great party! How Fun! I agree, I love making lists just because it feels so amazing to check things off!! Good for you!

Tara Williams said...

Ok...you need to start a party/catering business!! You are too good!!

Heather said...

What a pretty princess!!! Happy Birthday Hope!!

Post-it Notes said...

So cute! I love the invitations. Happy B-day Hope!

Josie said...

You are the party planning QUEEN! Will you do Elle's for me in May? Elle had so much fun and was still talking about it today. Thanks!

Kelli said...

What a great party thrower you are! She's a super cute diva! And your life does sound like mine lately. CRAZY! Good job on the Christmas shopping! And good luck on whatever is coming!

Tara said...

So fun,Grace has high hopes for her fifth birthday thank for that

The Jensen 6 said...

I have a love/hate relationship with birthday parties...so much fun and so much dang work! Everything was super cute for Hope's. I loved the invites!

Bonnie said...

Wha a fun pary! Thanks for sharing with us.