Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back to school

Hard to believe that just THREE short weeks ago we celebrated Hallee's graduation from Kindergarten...and said goodbye to Mrs. Titus.....

And now, here we are saying HELLO to 1st Grade. Yep. We are back in school.
Three weeks ago we woke up casually, ate breakfast, did the bathtub thing, completed our chores, worked on homework (some simple sight words and etc.) and then had lunch before we said goodbye to Hallee for a few short hours.
Now it's up early, hair done, a healthy breakfast, check the lunch menu to see if we will be packing a lunch, fill up the water bottle and decide on a "sneak-a-snack" (1st graders don't eat lunch until 1pm so they have you send a healthy snack and water bottle each day to help them get through the morning). Then I send my six year old off to school for SEVEN hours!!!! This now means that her teacher and peers at school will spend more time with my daughter than we will. Then it's home from school, work on the homework aka preparing for the weekly spelling tests she will now be taking, read our 15 minutes a day, have dinner, shower and then to bed.

I am quite certain that 1st grade has been a bigger adjustment for ME than for her. In fact, she is thrilled about it. I, on the other hand am just starting to realize how much I took her for granted. She was a huge help around the house, Hope's best friend, and Caymbree's second mom.

Yep Caymbree. I think we are all feeling a little like this right now.
Good luck Hallee. We love you tons and miss you like crazy while you are at school. We hope you make great friends, learn tons and become a leader amongst your peers.

4 comments:

Joni said...

That's such a sad picture of Caymbree. I'm sure it's weird to have Hallee gone so much now. And I can't believe school is already starting up. Christmas is around the corner!!!Yikes!

smithfamilymoments said...

Jami, I feel your pain. I am way nervous about sending Liv all day! We still have about 3 weeks left before we have to make the transition, but I'm not looking forward to it. Our babies are growing up way too fast!

Kelli said...

Oh man, 1st grade is so much harder than kindergarten. I'm feeling for you. She sure looks cute for her first day. I can't believe you have started school already. I guess I'm just not used to the year round thing. We start in 2 1/2 weeks so its just around the corner for us too. I guess it means being on a schedule again. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Both, I guess. Have fun!

Heather said...

That is so sad, but exciting for Hallee!! I am already sad about Carlie going to Kindergarten and it isn't all day yet!! I think it is the hardest to see the "first" growing up already! Have fun Hallee!!!