Thursday, June 5, 2008

We've Arrived!


No more SHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! No more avoiding phone calls and doorbells during certain hours. No more of being intently ignored. HAL-LE-LU-IA!!!!!!! Can you hear the angels singing?

Fate brought me home just in time to hear my "T.V. is such a waste of time" hubby on a very suspicious phone call that sounded a lot like he was changing our television service. Hmmmm...interesting. Very interesting. This is the man that at one point wanted to get rid of our televisions all together. So I sneak in the room and start my eavesdropping. What? 99 channels? Couldn't be. We have so enjoyed our 12 channels up to this point so what possibly could he be thinking? Disney Channel? Oh NO - we will never hear or see our six year old daughter again. And as the salesperson wrapped up the summary of services I just happened to notice the ONE thing I have been asking for missing. DVR. Looks like I made it home just in time to demand (politely) that we add that final option. I WIN! I WIN!


As he hung up the phone and saw my stare of unbelief he started to explain. It all came down to money (big surprise there). Apparently it was cheaper to switch to comcast with all the available options on their big promo than to keep our current 12 channels. He of course, rolled his eyes at my polite demand of DVR.

Now fast forward three days and take a walk with me to the DVR. Hmm..... Let's click on "OUR RECORDINGS". Pirates of the Caribbean; The Curse of the Black Pearl. Pirates of the Caribbean; Dead Man's Curse. Pirates of the Caribbean; (can't remember the third title). Geeeee, I'm pretty sure I did not record those. Now Troy sits with a big grin on his face when he "pauses" his show to deal with the kids or answer my question. Only one problem. He has now declared that there is no need to EVER rent another video again. OH BROTHER.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Ha-ha! Troy - you will wonder what you ever did without it! It's one of those things like caller ID- once you have it you can never go back to the way it was before! I love it for all my dance shows I have to watch!

Tara Williams said...

That's funny! Troy & I think alike! I've been threatening to take away TV, too. But alas...I am too addicted to my DVR. Plus, Russ uses the "BYU Channel" as an excuse every time!! I miss living in Utah some times!!

JLJ said...

You HAVE a arrived. We are still hanging out in 1997 with our cell-phone-less and TIVO-less lives.

Post-it Notes said...

I cant beleive that you have lived so long without a DVR. Its the best invention EVER!!! We had the dish network guy scheduled to come at noon the day we moved in so we wouldnt have to go one second longer than we had to without our dish and dvr.

Tara said...

Life is good isn't it with DVR!! Love it!!