Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mother of the year


If THIS doesn't get me the "Mother of the Year" award than I don't know what will. Yesterday we attempted for the SECOND time to go get a sneak peak of the High School Musical 3 filming. The first attempt occurred thanks to an inside tip of where "Gabriellas" house was. After loading up the kids and driving 30 minutes and waiting around for an hour we found out that the only cast member that would be there was "Gabriella" and all taping would be done inside the house. This came AFTER the news from another family that the day before all the cast members had been there playing catch on the front yard (literally 15 feet away from us) and Zac Efron (aka Troy) even came across and shook all the little girls hands. BIG LET DOWN!!!!!

We made friends with one of the security guards who felt bad that our girls wouldn't get to see anything. So, he gave us the inside scoop. HSM would be filming in front of East High School on June 11th and we could come watch then. He was so nice and even gave me his cell number so we could call and verify what time they would be there.

SECOND ATTEMPT. The big day arrives and it looks like a huge storm is about to break any minute. With our luck we would load all the kids up, drive the 30 minutes and they would cancel the whole thing anyway. After an hour of decision making we decided to head up and of course once we got there they had moved inside. LOVELY!

Once again we made friends with the security guards (Who knew they were so nice?) They told us not to leave and they would keep us posted. As luck would have it - they ended up coming back outside to film. When "Troy, Gabriella, Chad, and Taylor" walked out of the school and waved to our girls we knew our mission had been accomplished. It was freezing cold and once they started filming it was hard to see a whole lot but it was a fun memory anyway.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

You get my vote! I think I would've given up.

Kelli said...

What a fun time for your girls. I bet they loved that and will always remember it! I'm sure that got you some big points - what a great mommy you are!

smithfamilymoments said...

How fun, When I told Liv that hallee got to see the cast, she immediately said, "When can we go to Salt Lake." Sounds like you had a great time.

Mindy said...

You definitely get my vote! I really can't believe you did that! Oh wait, I'm talking to the girl who wakes up at two in the morning for the day after Thanksgiving sales! I guess you just love to be where the action is.