Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Sappy Moment











For Good (Wicked Musical)








I'VE HEARD IT SAID


THAT PEOPLE COME INTO OUR LIVES


FOR A REASON


BRINGING SOMETHING WE MUST LEARN


AND WE ARE LED


TO THOSE WHO HELP US MOST TO GROW


IF WE LET THEM


AND WE HELP THEM IN RETURN


WELL, I DON'T KNOW IF I BELIEVE THAT'S TRUE


BUT I KNOW I'M WHO I AM TODAY


BECAUSE I KNEW YOU...
















The other day I was driving in the car with Hallee and one of her best friends listening to the song "For Good" from Wicked. They were singing at the top of their lungs when Trinity stopped and asked what the song was talking about. It was a tender moment as I explained the value of a good friend and watched as they turned to each other, smiled and then giggled. In my post partum state of mind (I know I really can't blame it on that four months later but I have to blame it on something), it stirred up a lot of memories of all the wonderful friendships my children and I have and just how true the words to the song really are.


So this post is dedicated to ALL those people in our lives who make a difference and change us for the better. I wish I had a picture of everyone and I should be thanking each one of you in person but for now, this will have to do. Thanks to all of you who have enriched our lives, who have helped us be better people, and who are always there to lend a helping hand. (I told you it would be a sappy moment :))



Editors note: It was quite a kick to search through all my computer files and try and find pictures to include. As you can see, some of them date back a few years and I realized I don't have pictures of half of you.

2 comments:

JLJ said...

I love that pictures of you, mindy, tricia and sarah totally pregnant. That is awesome!

Brooke said...

You are so nice, Jami! Thanks for thinking of me, and YES, we better get a picture of the two of us soon. I actually think I have one of us walking down the beach at Bear Lake a looong time ago, with Hallee and Bennett toddling along too. I'll have to look for it.