Tuesday, May 3, 2011

California Girls

Last week we packed our bags, ditched the snowboots and hit the road as we headed for fun in the sun in CALIFORNIA!!! Check out these California Chicks! Loving life on the pier. Who wouldn't after 11 hours in the car!
Don't worry...we did have some testosterone in the group. Poor guys...had to put up with NINE females! Why is it that every time I pull out my camera my girls strike a pose??


Jovie and Caymbree got a little tired one afternoon and made themselves a makeshift bed. Pretty creative if I can say so myself.


The ocean was alive and well with creatures. We saw a couple of whales, crabs, a clam, seals, and quite a few dolphins. One group got so close to shore we could have swam to them.



The boys kept themselves entertained with the skim board, body surfing and boogie boarding. The girls attempted it but didn't last long.








On the menu for our Easter dinner was hot dogs on the beach. Who could ask for more? Caymbree was intrigued by the seagulls and spent the night trying to catch one. Too cute.










Caymbree and Jovie

Have I told you how much I LOVE the beach/ocean? Because I do. Like really, really love it. I could sit and watch, smell, listen to it for hours and be completely content. So sad to have to say goodbye. It was an AMAZING trip with AMAZING friends!

2 comments:

Heather said...

How fun!! It's a good thing the men have each other or they might go a little crazy!!:)

Anonymous said...

So Fun! How awesome is it that your kids all have a friend their age?! That makes for a fun vaca!