Monday, May 9, 2011

California Memories

Wow after reading that last post you might get the impression I'm not a fan of Disneyland. But let me set the record straight...I LOVE DISNEYLAND! I still think it is magical and LOVED sharing the magic with my family. Such an amazing vacation with so many fun memories. SO without further ado some of our memories of California Vacation 2011.

1) Hope walking up to two little CHINESE boys at the beach and saying "Hola." Then turning around saying "I've waited my whole life to say that." I am STILL laughing about it today.

2) Caymbree chasing the seagulls. Convinced if she tried hard enough she would eventually catch one.

3) Trininty being truly terrified of potential sharks in the water or a tsunami. NOTE TO PARENTS... Don't let your kids watch "Soul Surfer" a week before you vacation to the ocean :)

4) Hope asking "Mom, how do you say "ah hem" (think clearning your throat) in Spanish?"

5) Hope yelling at the top of her lungs, "I don't wanna die alone!" in the middle of the Thunder Mountain ride.

6) Chewbaca. That's all I'm gonna say about that one :)

7) The stares , smiles and under breath comments when an crusade of 7 little girls came cruising through. Sometimes we claimed them. Sometimes not so much.

8) Quickly coming the the realization that the princesses are starting to lose a little of their magic in the eyes of my nine year old. She's getting too old. :(

9) Lots and lots of laughing

10) Corn dogs at Disneyland! Yummy! No wonder Steve and Troy disappeared during the Pixie Hollow line!

11) Finally got to taste a Sprinkles cupcake. Good but a little overrated.

12) Not the best memory but a memory nonetheless. Poor Sansoms getting the back seats stolen out of their brand new (like 4 days old) SUV while we were at Disneyland. Came back to a broken window and missing seats. Spent the next hour (at 11pm at night) filling out police reports and cleaning up glass.

13) Balboa Island.

And now for your viewing pleasure... the last of the California pictures taken at the Newport Beach temple on Easter Day.












1 comment:

Josie said...

Awww...all so fun. So fun to see all the pics and hear about your amazing time. All the outfits are so cute and hope absolutely crack me up...she's been waiting to say that her whole life??? hahahahha so funny. I LOVE Disneyland. Most magical place. Glad you're home though. I have a hard time functioning without you.