Monday, April 18, 2011

I won! I mean SHE won!

When Hallee came home an announced that they had to do a project for the science fair I'll admit I was less than thrilled. I mean really science projects in 3rd grade usually mean a science project for mom or dad. For example, I'm the one that had to call around to find all the supplies, I'm the one that had to go buy them with MY money, I'm the one that has to sit down with her every day working on the project SO I guess I'm the one that deserves the grade hey? With that off my chest I will admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I tried REALLY hard to have Hallee do most of the work while I just oversaw the project. As it turns out she was chosen as one of the class winners and had her project judged to go on to the district level. (Is it horrible that I was secretly praying that she would not make it that far?)
In the end she did not make it to the district level and while she was a little disappointed I was greatly relieved. (BAD MOM!) Anyway, we had fun in the process and learned a lot along the way. And just so you know....flowers drink ICE water the best. Bet you wouldn't have guessed that!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi Jami!
After not even remembering my password to sign in to read your blog, I finally did, and I have spent the last couple of hours reading all about what's been happening in your lives. It has been so much fun to see your beautiful girls and to read about all of the cute and funny things they have said!! I have laughed out loud so many times that I can't even remember my favorite quotes or stories anymore because there have been so many.
You are such a smart, talented, creative girl, and an awesome mom! I've loved reading your thoughts about all the wonderful (and challenging) aspects of being a mom. Your girls are so lucky to have you and Troy as parents!!
I've missed you and really think it's time for another girls weekend. We would also LOVE to have your family over sometime. My girls would be so excited to get to play with your girls. Maybe sometime when you're already going to be in Logan and have a little extra time?
Love ya!
Mindy

Anonymous said...

Love it! I love that idea for a science project! All Moms are like you, they just aren't so honest about it. Thanks for keeping it real!

Cathy said...

Congratulations Hallee. Every good student has a supportive mother/father behind them. I have to admit, I hated the science projects you guys had to do in Middle School....so not my cup of tea, but we did them.
Mom