Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Children's Day!!

Conversation with Hope shortly after Mother's Day

Hope: "So mom, what day's is Children's Day?"
Me: " Hope, everyday is children's day."
Hope: "No mom. I mean the REAL children's day. Like the day when everybody gives you cards and tells you how much they love you."

Apparently seeing how spoiled and loved I was on Mother's day sparked a desire to have a day of her own. Interestingly enough Troy and I had planned to surprise the girls with a night at Chuck-E-cheese the next day so whalaa---Children's Day it is.







My kids LOVE this place. Troy and I LOVE watching their sheer joy as they run from game to game. Happy Children's day kiddos!
And one more thought...perhaps Hope is on to something. A special day designated for each child that is not about the gifts and balloons but more about honoring that child. I think we might just have to try it. We could make them "Queen for the day" with cards, meals of choice, lunch with mom/dad at school, ....hmmmm think of the possibilities. I'm thinking their half b-day's would be an easy way to designate the day. I think I have some planning to do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, what a nice white eyed Mommy you are. :)

Tara Williams said...

So funny! Brooklynn asked me the SAME question after Mother's Day and I told her the SAME thing..."Everyday is children's day". For instance, wouldn't it be nice if we moms got a peice of chocolate for each day we didn't get in trouble at school???? Yeah??