Monday, February 8, 2010

Miss Caymbree Rose - addendum

So my last post about Miss Caymbree was just a tad bit on the negative side.
Just a tad.
But I have to redeem myself. Because she really is a cute little thing and makes us smile daily. Like whenever we give her something whether it's a sippy cup or a blankie she always says, "tank you so much." Seriously melts my heart.
Or whenever I go to the restroom I have my own personal cheering squad when she asks, "Mommy go potty? Whooo hoooo!!! Good girl mommy!" I could go potty all day just to hear that.

And I get to hear myself a little when she mimics my response. (I didn't realize this until recently) but I never get a simple "yes" from her. Instead "yes" is always "ya maybe." (Apparently I say this a lot). Anyway, so funny when I ask her "Caymbree, do you want a treat?" "Ya maybe." Love it!
And then she throws out a few things every once in a while that keeps us in stitches for quite a while. Like when I was helping her with her prayers the other night (with the whole family gathered around) and she surprised us all.
Mom: "Thank you for my mom and dad"... Caymbree: "tank you for my mom and dad"
Mom: "Please bless my sisters" Caymbree: "Pease bess my sissers" - "HEY, I DON'T WANNA PAY FOR MY SISSERS!" That was pretty much the end of that prayer. None of us could compose ourselves enough to go on.
And then there is still the issue of POTTY TRAINING. If you recall, the first round did not go so well. For the past few months every time I bought diapers I bought the smallest pack possible and would tell myself it was the last pack I was going to buy. But each and every week I would talk to Caymbree about potty training I would get the same response. PURE TERROR. She would instantly start crying and say "hold me mommy, hold me." YOWZER.
Finally, I was down to my last four diapers. I just couldn't bring myself to buy more. My suggestion was to send her to a shrink. Troy's suggestion was a blessing. His idea worked.
Within a day her terror was gone, and two accidents later she was trained. Seriously hasn't had a wet accident since (and that was two weeks ago). Unfortunately, things haven't been going quite so smoothly on the other end. No accidents. No anything. That's the problem. But we're working on it.

Oh how I love her! Could someone just remind me this the next time we are in the middle of her next "terrible two" tantrum?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Whooo hoooo!!! Good girl mommy! I love this story about Caymbree!

Tara Williams said...

I sooooooo feel your pain and joy! Maybe its because they're only a few days apart, but Isabelle and Caymbree sound like 2 peas in a naughty-but-nice-pod!!! I tell ya...it's a good thing they're so darn cute, otherwise....... :)

Larsen's! said...

she is adorable! Kids are always a "love/hate relationship" - love em always, hate some of the tantrums, fits and things they do -but they would'nt be themselves if they weren't doing it, right?? haha!

slap said...

She is precious!!! The good always out weighs the bad!!!