Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I {HEART} Walmart

There I said it. I do. I know. You just might not be able to look at me the same after this but that's okay. Seriously. Where else can you find church dresses for $7.00 that are cute enough that people ask where you bought them from. And Easter dresses for $12.00. Second year in a row in fact! (You'll have to wait for the grand unveiling later). Now you're thinking I'm a little neurotic that I have already bought Easter dresses and it's only February. But that's the trick. At Wallies you MUST purchase the first time you see them. Otherwise...

THEY ARE LONG GONE.


And you're out of luck.


And cursing when you have to pay $28.00 somewhere else for a dress.


At Wallies you can buy plain tee shirts (to go under things) for $3.00. $3.00!!! And if your kids go through them like mine those $3.oo tee's are a must! Or how about work out shorts for $2.00? Yep. Got those too.

QUALITY, you ask? Haven't had much of a problem yet. And have I mentioned I have THREE girls. Can't say I am too heartbroken if it doesn't make through all three. That's about 5 years of seeing the same thing repeated over and over.


And then there is that sweet little "price match" deal. Hate it when I end up stuck in line behind someone doing it but LOVE it when it is me! No ad's. No nothing. Just tell them the price and they match it. (Good thing I am an honest sole!) Saves me a TON of time and a TON of money.

And let's talk RETURNS. Have I told you I am the queen of returns? Love the no hassle policy. I return it. They take it. Receipt or no receipt. Comes in handy for a gal like me!

Now I know Walmart has it's downside. I realize they are taking over the world. I have THREE of them within 6 miles of my house in three directions. And I realize the "little guys" can't compete and they run them right out of town. I feel bad. I really do. And if I had all the money in the world I would support the small guy and pay three times more. But for now, that's not an option. So Wallies it is.

10 comments:

Heather said...

I totally agree! I find myself there way more than I would like to but you can't beat the prices:)

Tiffany G said...

OHHH! I just don't want to hear a good reason to have to go there. I am not such a patient sole in thoses forever lines!

Joni said...

Jami...I'm on this one with you. I am always finding inexpensive, cute clothes there (I boutht the cutest pair of girls jeans for $1, so I bought a couple pairs in different sizes). I feel like it's a dirty little secret, but I heart Wallie World, too!

Anonymous said...

One question...where have I been?!!

JLJ said...

When I live near a Walmart that has their signs in English I will probably give them a 2nd chance.

Kelli said...

I have no choice but to love Walmart. Not to big of a selection down here! I agree that their girl clothes are really cute. At least it looks like it as I am cruising by that section!!

So guess what? I decided not to help with drill team again next year. I'll have to e-mail you and tell you why. It's been a crazy year!! Did you go to that meeting on Saturday? How about this coming Saturday?

Larsen's! said...

have given it up as much as possible - it's disgusting out here and some times of day you need a weapon for security purposes. I won't let my daughter go there without adult supervision - she would definitely getted mugged. There are just some things not worth it - herer in the south (or at least close to my house - it's grimy and disgusting) - be glad you're shopping at a brand new nice one.

Tara Williams said...

Oh my gosh!!! That's hilarious because I gave someone this same lecture yesterday. I know about how monsterous they are and how they've chased all the little guys away...but I'm a mom in a 1 income family who HAS to make every $dollar work like it's two $$dollars...and Walmart just gets it done! Now I know I can go to 3 other stores in town and save a total of $5...but that's 2 TOO MANY stores to drag my kids to, PLUS the extra gas $$$. So...AMEN Sista!!

slap said...

I usually buy our Easter dresses early too!!! You really do have to buy them when you see them....I'm more of a Ross girl though!!! I spend as little time in Wal-Mart as I can.

The Lively's said...

Ha! Ha! I've loved walmart for-EVER! Glad to hear your as smart as ME ; ) ! Know here's a little secret and if their huge lines because I said this and your in my line...grrr! J/k there are never lines if you go through and pay in the garden center!!! I park outside it too and I get a spot super close. Do it ever time and I never wait because I hate lines!

Maybe I need to look for kyles church clothes there because I just spent a load at the childrens place. I was thinking today if only I had a girl I could just buy a dress and I'd be done. Ugh! Sorry for the novel!