Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day


So if you would have asked me on Friday morning what our plans for Memorial Day Weekend were I would have said "A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING!" How quickly all that changed. About 10am Friday morning we got a phone call from my mom saying that they were headed to Provo to watch my cousin play in the State 4A baseball championship game. Quite a few of my cousins and grandpa and grandma were all going to be there so we thought we would join in on the fun. Over 20 family members were there to watch my cousin hit a home run and win the State Championship. While at the game we decided to have cousin Olivia come stay with us for the weekend. The girls were so cute and had SOOOO much fun sliding down the stairs in sleeping bags.
Also on Friday around 3pm we got a phone call from the Bishop saying that the couple who were going to speak on Sunday had just called and cancelled so he was wondering if Troy and I could fill in. Luckily, public speaking does not bother either one of us it was just finding the time to write our talks with 48 hours notice :).
On Sunday we gave our talks in church and then I ran home to meet Rob and Rachel to get baby Lila. We were lucky enough to get to babysit her for the day and we LOVED every second of it. Olivia's family came down after church to hang out and have dinner with us. The kids were outside playing when a thunder cloud burst and it was like a someone poured a bucket of water right out of the clouds on top of them. By the time the kids got to back door of the house they were DRENCHED!!!
On Monday we had some friends call and invite us to the pool and a barbecue later that evening. By Monday night I laughed at our "Not a dang thing" original weekend plan.

8 comments:

BigEd said...

Good thing you are both so flexible! Sounds like fun. We will be coming to Logan in a couple of weeks for the summer - would love to get together. Talk to you soon.

smithfamilymoments said...

Jami thanks for the fun time! It was great to see you guys, and the dinner was WONDERFUL. Liv had the time of her life staying at your house, the only thing she was sad about is that she didn't get to stay for a week. Too funny. Thanks again.

Tristen said...

The best moments are never planned! Sounds like fun weekend!

Mrs. Budge said...

I love the pictures of the sleeping bag slide, that was one of my favorite naughty things to do as a kid. You are a cool mom, I used to get in trouble when I did that.

JLJ said...

I love weekends like that where you can pick up and do something spontaneous!

Unknown said...

Those spur of the moment plans that arise are always the funnest!!

Larsen's! said...

souds like great fun! You all are so cute. Where did Rob and Rachel go for the day?

Heather said...

I love weekends that turn out to be that much fun when you were not expecting it!!