Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Delightful chaos

This past weekend I took the girls to Logan for my sister- in- laws baby shower and to meet my sisters newest addition...Baby Becca. This meant six kids under the age of seven staying at my parents house. Who knew chaos could be so much fun! :) My sister has a boy the same age of Caymbree who kept us in stitches and awe as he proved just how much he could get into, take apart, and destroy within a short period of time. Within a few hours of being there we had to go buy child door locks for every door in the house. And yet, he still managed to get into everything. All we could do is laugh. Case and point....
We left the kids with a babysitter for a few hours and came home to find that Bridger had found a tube of red lipstick that he applied all over his face and the carpet in my parents bathroom. Thank goodness for GOOGLE!!!! I typed in "How do you get red lipstick out of carpet?" and it came up with rubbing a bar of IVORY soap and warm water all over the stain. And surprisingly, IT WORKS!!!! Good to know...good to know.

My kids were absolutely smitten with baby Becca and constantly wanted to hold her. Hope even more so. She would do just about anything to get to hold her and would just sit and rub her head while saying "Oh, she's soooooo sweet."

The girls got lots of dress up time with their extended cousins and felt it appropriate to do a fashion show in the middle of the baby shower. Sorry Rachel :)


Hope and Adi were constantly in grandma's play make-up and Hope would come up with quite the masterpieces. After taking the picture below I finally said, "Hope, make-up is suppose to make you look pretty not like a monster!" Whoops!!! Way to go mom. I crushed her soul and as the tears started to swell she said, "I was trying to make it look pretty." Ya, I had some making up to do. (And no, this picture is not Hallee. It is Hope. Scary isn't it?)

Bridger and Caymbree were so cute to watch together. He is ALL boy and constantly wanted to wrestle, chest bump, and tease and Caymbree is pretty much all girl. However, they squealed with delight everytime they saw each other and started giving kisses on demand to one another.


It was such a fun weekend, I just hope my parents and their house survived. The crazy part is that we only had 8 grandchildren 2 boys, 6 girls. With the birth of Becca a month ago, Rob and Rachel's baby girl due in a few weeks and Kory and Kristie's baby girl due the end of May we will be at 11 grandchildren 2 boys and 9 girls. YES, NINE GIRLS!!!!! We haven't even BEGUN to know the meaning of chaos. At one point of heightened craziness I looked at Rob and Rachel who had glazed over eyes and said, "just think, you will be contributing to all of this in just a few short weeks." I think I may have scared the tar out of them. All Rachel could say is, "I didn't think it could get any more crazy than this." Gotta love it.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Finally! (My computer would not let me comment forever for some reason!)

Anyway...I'd say you are all Martha Stewart! Your food, decor, and that strawberry topiary all look fabulous! You are amazing!

I'm listening to this Ramalama song on your playlist. It's one of my favorites! Did you see that dance on 'So You Think You Can Dance' a few seasons ago to it? So good!

Unknown said...

Great news to learn about how to remove lipstick.

Thanks,
Cyn

Heather said...

That's such a boy for you!!:) How much fun (for all of the kids) to have so many cousins to play with!! I love that topiary idea, so cute:)

Anonymous said...

Aren't cousins the best! The food looks so good!

BigEd said...

Hope's makeup is priceless. She looks a bit abused, although the smile on her face clearly indicates otherwise. Looks like fun.

slap said...

wow....wish I'd known about the ivory soap a few YEARS ago!!! darn.....glad it worked for ya!! good times!