Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Hopers!!!

For Hope's 7th birthday she decided she wanted to take a couple of friends to the Mayan for dinner. (Mexican restaurant with high divers that jump off cliffs during dinner). Sounded easy enough and required very little effort on my part. PERFECT! I have more than I can handle on my plate right now so I was actually grateful for the choice. About two weeks before the big day we heard the news on the radio. The Mayan had closed its doors for good. Oh crud. Now what?


Hope's second choice was a friend birthday party which pretty much terrified me considering my to-do list. With a little brainstorming we came up with a fuss free PAJAMA party.

What Pajama party would be complete without a PILLOW FIGHT and a game of FREEZE DANCE? Gotta say, these girls can move!


The girlies watched Hopes favorite movie "LITTLE RASCALS." (Gotta say it's actually one of mine too!)




Hope was such a gracious recipient and took the time to give each one of her friends a gigantic hug after each gift. It's one of the things we love most about Hope. Her passion and love for life is contagious. She LOVED each and every gift and made such a big deal about each one. So cute!

Hope was VERY particular when it came to her birthday cake. Absolutely NO CUPCAKES! She insisted on the red velvet cake from Costco. What can I say, the girl has good taste! Stick a few candles in it and Wha La - Hope's perfect cake!


Also on the party agenda - Make your own nightshirt!



And to complete the night - a pair of soft cozy sock/slippers with a note that says "Thanks for "slipping" in to my party!"


Hope had a great time and judging by the amount of giggles during the night I'm guessing it's a safe bet to say they all did. Happy Birthday Hope! We love ya!



3 comments:

smithfamilymoments said...

What more could a birthday girl ask for! Looks like it was a great success. Happy late birthday Hopers!

Unknown said...

Wow, I love the slipper idea! Hope really is a sweety!

Josie said...

Such a CUTE party! Love the pic of Hope hugging Elle. I'll never forget how grateful Hope was in the car when elle gave her the cell phone eraser...and how elle said she had to give it to her or hope would have chased her down. Hilarious!