Sunday, November 20, 2011

Annual Girls weekend

FOOD - SHOPPING - GIRLS ONLY WEEKEND = I {HEART} YOU!!!

Can't believe it's that time again when my mom, sis, sis-in law and cousin do our annual Christmas shopping weekend. We combined it with Adree's big 30th birthday bash and partied like rock stars by shopping at Walmart in the wee hours of the night. What can I say....we are animals! I made Adree this awesome crown and sash which I made her wear throughout the night. Own it baby! You only turn the big 3-0 once!

My mom always provides lots of laughs on our getaways even when she doesn't mean to. She is a creature of habit and always losing SOMETHING during our excursions. Last time she just thought she lost something and after putting us all on high alert, retracing our steps and calling the restaurant she realized she hadn't lost it after all. It was in her bag the whole time. THIS time however, she really did lose something and it wasn't a small something...her Ipad. I thought the woman was going to have a nervous breakdown. She lives, eats, and breaths with that thing by her side. Luckily we hadn't gone far and were able to go back to the restaurant where luckily they had found it.


Our other laugh came from this picture. We always stay at the Courtyard Marriott where they have the best continental breakfast. My mom is obsessed with their Belgium waffles and every time we go she points out to all of us how amazing they are. She even went out an bought similar waffle maker and has tried numerous recipes trying to replicate their waffles. Just a little obsessive don't ya think? On this trip she once again striked up a conversation with the kitchen staff about what makes their waffles so good. They were super cute and even though they had to think she was slightly crazy they gave her all their secrets in amazing detail. Before you know it they have called over the manager to ask if she can buy a bag of the mix. As you can see....she got it. It was her most prized purchase of the weekend.


Just had to document our first trip to the Utah H&M. Let's just say "overrated!"

Thanks for the laughs girls. Till next year...

3 comments:

smithfamilymoments said...

okay, now how am I not invited to that fun girls weekend! I want to come!!! Looks like you had a blast!

Josie said...

It was fun running into you girls that night! Kind of makes me wish I could do that with my family but.... ha! maybe i'll change my last name to smith just for one night.

BigEd said...

It's amazing how "productive" you can be sans kids. I'm with you on just wanting to stay home and take care of all the things you don't get around to. Glad you had some time to recharge. My hubby is currently snoring while I'm catching up on blogs. This is as romantic as our weekends get ; )