Monday, June 7, 2010

Camping

My idea of camping is our family cabin up Logan Canyon that includes running water, flushing toilets, stores 20 minutes away and most of all LOTS OF SUN!! Our camping trip over Memorial Day weekend was kind of a stretch for me and boasted none of the luxuries mentioned above. I have to admit I was a little apprehensive as our sliding car trudged through the mud just to get to the campsite. Add the rain and then the freezing cold and it could have been a serious bust. Good thing I was in good company with my family and cousins.!

One day it was so cold that we pretty much had to stay hunkered down in the trailers. When the sun would peek out the trailers would empty so we could enjoy the warmth. Luckily the weather improved as the trip went on.

A little target practice. Yes, that is me holding a gun. Scary I know.

Troy giving Hallee a little help with her aim.

The scenery was BEAUTIFUL and we did a LOT of four wheeling.



Surprisingly, Caymbree couldn't get enough of riding and begged anyone and everyone to take her.

I told Caymbree it was time to start getting ready for bed. She looked around, grabbed this branch and said, "No Mom. I's gonna get you" as she started at me with the tree. It didn't take her long to turn her attention to the other kids in the camp. She thought she was pretty darn funny.


Hallee and Jayden came back COVERED in mud after one of their four wheeling excursions. Literally, covered. Hallee had chunks of mud in her hair and on her face.
My parents graciously gave up a little peace and quiet to let us bunk up with them. The girls had a blast and tender memories were made.

No Caymbree didn't share the bed with my parents but somehow she always managed to wheezle her way in with them for a quick story and snuggle.




It was tons of fun but I have to admit I am looking forward to our next "camping" experience back at the cabin soaking our feet in the river and complaining about the heat. Ahhhhh...the warmth. I can feel it all ready.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cousins make the best friends! Looks like my kind of fun, but I can't blame you about being cold.

Brittney said...

it looks so fun, jami! i love caymbree's response to the bedtime call...branch-attack. so logical. :) cuties.

The Lively's said...

Sheesh... Now I want to go camping! I love it when you can go outside at night and see the stars!

And hello... Hopes preschool looks amazing!!!! I wish I would have talked about it with you sooner!!!

Heather said...

How fun! That is the way to camp if your going to camp outside:)

Tara said...

Oh my gosh it looks like a blast, you have great parents love the picture of your DAD and Caymbree!!

394bull said...

WOW, I LOVE SEEING YOU GET FAMILIAR WITH FIRE ARMS. WHERE DID YOU GO CAMPING? WAS IT OUT BY NEOLA? WHO ALL ATTENDED? LOOKS LIKE MY KIND OF FUN.