Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Valentines Day

I know. Valentines was a month ago but I still wanted to document some of the Hodges Happenings...

Usually I do a fun little gift/package for the girls but this year I kind of dropped the ball. I didn't think it would be that big of deal but by Valentines day afternoon the guilt started to set in. In an impromptu moment I tried to come up with some fun way to commemorate the holiday with the kiddos. So pink pancakes with cookie cutter heart indention's with pink milk became the dinner menu. The kids loved it and I at least felt a little better about my effort in the holiday department.
Troy and I celebrated by treating ourselves to a long date night. Usually we are worried about getting home to the babysitter but not this time. It was SOOOOOOOO nice! We started out by going to dinner at one of Troy's clients - Wasatch Broiler. It is on State and 49th and it is so yummy! (So for all of you in a rut with your dinner options - go check it out!)

Then we did a little window shopping and just took our time walking around together. And finally we headed to the movies. It was wonderful!!!

I had planned on getting Troy tickets to a Jazz game for Valentines. However, when I started looking for tickets I quickly discovered the only one's I could afford would be in the nose bleed section and I decided against it. (The gift was as much for me as him. I have been wanting to go to a game all season!)

In a twist of fate Troy came home two days later announcing he had won two 11th row Jazz tickets at one of his work meetings. I was SOOOO excited!!

Two fantastic dates in one week. I was in heaven!!!

No comments: