Saturday, October 24, 2009

I am a scrub ...

That's what happens when you have a mom that is ULTRA talented and generous with those talents. She cooks, she sews, she crafts, she takes amazing photos, and that's just the start of it. The only problem is that it allows me to be a SCRUB. I just mooch off of her talents instead of learning them myself.

CASE AND POINT...
See all those amazingly cute pillows on Hallee's bed. Yep. Handmade with love by grandma and mom. (OK. Let's be honest. They were made by grandma. I did a little stitching and cutting here and there but that's just about it). SHE came down and spent two whole days out of her life just sewing away. Did I learn the skill in the process?? Nah. I know where she lives.


Once again, mom to the rescue. While planning our Visiting Teaching Workshop I didn't have to look farther than her closet to find these fantastic shoe centerpiece decorations!!! Isnt' she talented!


And last but most certainly not least all the new photos so nicely displayed around the blog...yep. Grandma again.
I love ya mom!! Sure glad you got ultra blessed in the talent area!!!

7 comments:

Joni said...

That's what moms are for. And one day, your daughters will do the same with you. Our VT theme looks like it was the same as yours...Relief SOLE-ciety. It was a way cute idea. Are we going to see you at the family Halloween party this year?

Heather said...

Those pictures turned out great!! You may not have the talent of sewing but you sure know how to decorate your kids bedrooms!!!:)

Adree said...

Love the family photo!! What would we do without MOM??????

jgalke said...

Amen - everything I've ever done has been my mom's idea or at the very least she has either improved upon or finished most of my projects.

slap said...

I think I need "MOM" to visit my house!!!!! love it!!!

Tara said...

Mom's are so great aren't they.. Love the new family picture, you guys are just so cute.

Larsen's! said...

yes, I agree! Multi talented in many ways! Glad I finally got to see the pillows she was talking about - and love the new family photos!